+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Test lighter today??

I've taken a first response test every morning to let me know it all going fine but this mornings looks lighter then yesterday's. I've had 3 chems, 2 m/c and 2 perfect babies. Anyone have any advice????
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me as well, afterwards I stopped testing. It can depend on how sensitive the individual tests are (they can vary within a box), how dilute the urine is etc.

I think you should stop testing. It doesn't really achieve anything, as these tests do not measure hcg, they are just a yes or no answer. I haven't done anymore tests, I am now 5 weeks, with a million very strong pregnancy symptoms, so I assume all is gong ok so far.

If you must do more tests try not to do them everyday, as it can take 48 hours to double so everyday tests aren't really that useful. I got my BFP at 9DPO, my GP also told me that a positive that early is a good sign, try not to worry.
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 01-02-2014 at 07:36.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everything PearlyGirl said! The waiting is hard but when this happens there is more stress you don't need xx I tested at 9dpo also PearlyGirl so what your Doc said is great to hear thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    This happened to me as well, afterwards I stopped testing. It can depend on how sensitive the individual tests are (they can vary within a box), how dilute the urine is etc.

I think you should stop testing. It doesn't really achieve anything, as these tests do not measure hcg, they are just a yes or no answer. I haven't done anymore tests, I am now 5 weeks, with a million very strong pregnancy symptoms, so I assume all is gong ok so far.

If you must do more tests try not to do them everyday, as it can take 48 hours to double so everyday tests aren't really that useful. I got my BFP at 9DPO, my GP also told me that a positive that early is a good sign, try not to worry.
    Thanks, I'll stop testing. I have a Drs appointment on Monday so I'll get bloods then. It good to know that it's happened to someone else and it's been ok. It's just I'm almost exspecting a mc at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Charlie Bear View Post
    I agree with everything PearlyGirl said! The waiting is hard but when this happens there is more stress you don't need xx I tested at 9dpo also PearlyGirl so what your Doc said is great to hear thanks!
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try and relax and enjoy the time, worrying doesn't help anything

That's what I am trying to do anyway, as hard as it can be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Try and relax and enjoy the time, worrying doesn't help anything

That's what I am trying to do anyway, as hard as it can be!
    I just want to get past 7 weeks because I've always mc'ed before then, it just seems so far away. But I will try and relax, I will try really hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it looks the same. Fingers crossed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me with my 3rd child too, one test was lighter then the previous day but then the next one was darker then both of them, sometimes it depends what time of day you tested and how concentrated your urine was, especially that early on. Hopefully all goes well

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TotSnot For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (01-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are they from the same packet? If not I made this mistake too! Don't stress, my DD is a happy and healthy 2.5yr old

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

CassJ  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Are they from the same packet? If not I made this mistake too! Don't stress, my DD is a happy and healthy 2.5yr old
    I don't know, I bought two boxes (because I'm a crazy poas addict lol) and dumped them both on the box I use for tests. But also tested on my IC's at the same time and they were lighter to.