Closed Thread
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting article on the front page of the Age today about one of the pioneers of IVF in Australia (described by the City Fertility CEO as the Clive Palmer of IVF, haha) and his belief IVF costs are too high in this country and driven by what the market will pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Interesting article on the front page of the Age today about one of the pioneers of IVF in Australia (described by the City Fertility CEO as the Clive Palmer of IVF, haha) and his belief IVF costs are too high in this country and driven by what the market will pay.
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/iv...22-1075zr.html

Just read it. interesting about the cheaper options using lower dosages and not offering freezing or "extra science for MFI" - i assume they mean ICSI... means that lower priced clinics won't be a viable option for all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep certainly not for us ladies - with our various challenges!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pessaries made me so bloated both times and I was only on them a couple days before my PGD results came back. Hope your little one is burrowing in tight @Kelly70 So good to see more and more good news lighting up this thread.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Kel - any update? Still on the HRT and waiting to test your levels again?
    No updates from me. Just waiting fir my next period to test again. Not getting my hopes up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You and me both Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seem to have adjusted to the progesterone, no nausea today yay! In fact feel much better overall now I'm off the other drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I haven't used the pessaries before I start them tonight. Last cycle I was on the crinone gel twice a day...apparently the pessaries aren't as bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have crinone in my fridge from the cycle that got cancelled so never got to use them. Then this cycle FS prescribed these - first one or two aren't great but seems pretty low maintenance on day 2 Scuba. Feel fine too, but vague though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used both and didnt like either of them much ... the side effects are the same, bloating etc. The difference is that with pessaries you can take higher doses than the crinone, and the others are indelicate to explain ... so what goes up, must come down - and pessaries do the "down" part a bit better than crinone. Pessaries melt faster (and make a "wetter" mess on re-emergence, obviously the more you use the messier they are)and you don't want to be upright for too long after inserting them but most ladies only need to use them at night not four times a day like I did - twas nasty. Crinone is easier to deal with on re-emergence but can create a backlog which you can "clean out" in the shower. Basically - both suck. But its important stuff that I'm grateful for! FYI if you're desperate to consider other options - it is possible to get the chemist to compound oral progesterone so you don't need to use pessaries, but apparently there are studies (according to my most recent FS) that show oral pessaries can result in gential abnormalities particularly for female babies ... So the injectable progesterone is better but far more painful and as I understand it, more likely to be prescribed by OS clinics and even then is usually only used for people with real problems with progesterone.

Good luck ladies!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (24-08-2014)