Closed Thread
Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks, you girls are the best!! And my dad has been the best tonight too. All good, bit sorer this time than last, FS said she had a good look around in there (I can tell!!) but found no other follicles.
    Oh gosh so excited for your fert report tomorrow. What time do they usually call? Morning or afternoon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mid-late morning last time. I'm dreading the call a bit. My odds on one egg will be minuscule to be honest. But I have my new apt with Lynn mid Sept so that's my next step. I'll be relieved to have a break, mentally and physically, found this one much harder going. 3 cycles in 4 months, need a rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 in my experience they only call if it's bad news - first time I didn't get a call until day 3 to ask if I still wanted pgd. Second time I called at 2pm day after egg collection and spoke to the nurses to get the update. I'd asked them and they told me that was generally the process - no news is good news. Which made me really annoyed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    @Kelly70 in my experience they only call if it's bad news - first time I didn't get a call until day 3 to ask if I still wanted pgd. Second time I called at 2pm day after egg collection and spoke to the nurses to get the update. I'd asked them and they told me that was generally the process - no news is good news. Which made me really annoyed!
    Oh that's really interesting. I get a report on days 1,3 and 5. And answer the phone in a desperate, breathless kind of way. But no news works too - helps if they tell you that beforehand!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Mid-late morning last time. I'm dreading the call a bit. My odds on one egg will be minuscule to be honest. But I have my new apt with Lynn mid Sept so that's my next step. I'll be relieved to have a break, mentally and physically, found this one much harder going. 3 cycles in 4 months, need a rest.
    Are they doing regular IVF or ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah man ICSI on these tough old eggs!!
    Actually last time the day after EPU was a Sunday and some random doc (not my FS) called to tell me the eggs hadn't fert. This is a week day so I'm guessing I may get a call from my FS, she knows I'll be waiting anxiously to hear so I suspect i'll be called either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just having a random thought, anyone have an opinion on "natural" ivf cycles and poor responders? I asked my FS yesterday why it is that I only get one or two follicles every time and she said: it's because you have hardly any left (ouch) and most of the ones that are left don't have the get up and go to come to the surface. At my scan, the doctor (not my FS) asked me if this was a natural cycle. After seeing the one follie.

Made me start thinking about whether it would be worth looking at - much cheaper I think, no or minimal drugs, still produces one follicle, and perhaps a better quality egg that hasn't been induced by drugs? Dunno, I bet if I ask my FS she'll say, not worth it or something. Might ask anyway.
    Hi Kelly70, still watching!
    I wondered the same. When I went for my initial consult I had a natural large follie, and after stimulating 2 tiny pips!

Anyway, nothing happening here. AF completely disappeared! Regular cycles before stimming, now nothing 😞

Fingers crossed for your golden egg honey x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic always calls good news or bad. They call to tell you if your eggs were mature on the day of collection then call next day for fert results then days 2 and 4 but is usually the embryologist that calls. I hope it's good news Kelly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they try to fert on the day of collection Hels or do they wait til the next day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissyBear that's most annoying your AF has gone MIA - have you had it checked out?