Closed Thread
Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Random question for a Sunday morning. Has anyone tried Maca powder or heard anything good or bad about it for egg quality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sparrow - yep (god starting to wonder if there's anything I haven't shoved down my gob in this fertility bid!). I took maca for about a year last year (whilst still in a relationship) and before I knew much about q10, dhea and some of the current big guns in the fertility supplements arena. I also made my man at the time take it as he had high morphology/sperm issues. We tried naturally all year and it seemed to make no difference for us, but it can't hurt, it's good for you. I think it falls more into the more grey areas of whether it really helps, like royal jelly, it's a food really. I still throw it into smoothies.

Be warned, it tastes pretty whack at first but you get used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing like arriving for a follicle scan and sitting next to a heavily pregnant woman in the waiting room. Choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly yes that is the worst I'm surprised they have obstetrics appointments at the same time as ivf patients. At my clinic, the obstetrics appts are on after 12 when all the ivf girls have been in. Any news on follie growth ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes as expected, just the one follicle, 19mm. Lining 6mm. I'll have my bloods done now and decide what to do. I seemed to have a better response on the max dose of gonal f, at least I had more than one follie.

Now in biscotti's dilemma about proceeding - my FS will say this is as good as it gets and to go ahead. Tempting to cancel and save $$ for my apt with Lynn in a month.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Kelly70 it is a tough call, if you could be sure it was a good egg inside the follie it would be worth putting your body through the stress of EPU, it could be your golden egg but it might not be. Sorry I can't help in this one, be decisions to make. Good luck and follow your heart.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Yes as expected, just the one follicle, 19mm. Lining 6mm. I'll have my bloods done now and decide what to do. I seemed to have a better response on the max dose of gonal f, at least I had more than one follie.

Now in biscotti's dilemma about proceeding - my FS will say this is as good as it gets and to go ahead. Tempting to cancel and save $$ for my apt with Lynn in a month.
    I'm a bit hesitant to comment - that's a really tough call you have to make. For what it's worth though if it was me, and I already had planned on the spend for this cycle and the one with the new FS, I wouldn't cancel - just because if the Dr Lynne cycle isn't as productive as you'd hoped it would be hard to regret having cancelled...plus I think the stimming stresses the ovaries somewhat and you're already basically there. I'd get the egg out.

Good luck with your decision though, sorry it's such a tough one to make.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scuba, I think you are right - if I put all my eggs in the Lynne basket and she's unable to get a better response from me, I may regret passing on this cycle. My expectations are low low low though. Just chatted with FS and she recommends to proceed. My E2 levels are really high - 1638, which she said is a reassuring number. Last time my E2 was 300 for the first cycle, then 600 at the last cycle. So it's high.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks Scuba, I think you are right - if I put all my eggs in the Lynne basket and she's unable to get a better response from me, I may regret passing on this cycle. My expectations are low low low though. Just chatted with FS and she recommends to proceed. My E2 levels are really high - 1638, which she said is a reassuring number. Last time my E2 was 300 for the first cycle, then 600 at the last cycle. So it's high.
    hey thats a good sign! High E2 (thats oestrogen right?) Do it. Assuming you've already worked out how to afford Dr Lynne on top of this cycle, get that good egg out and stick some sperm in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep although I've just realized the elevated levels may be due to the progynova i started taking on Friday.