Closed Thread
Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Hels, you're right, of course.

Gosh just had a taste of how lonely this journey can be sometimes when you're on it without a partner - my mum was ready to come down for potential EPU this weekend, but now it's been pushed out to next Wed possibly (assuming Wed, usually 2 days from the final scan and judging from the size of that follie now). She can't make it Wed as she works two days a week and has had a few days off lately due to illness. All my friends are working so I'll have to ask my dad who is not supportive of me doing this (I haven't even told him I'm doing a new cycle). Really don't want to ask him, argh.

This day sucks the big one! Biscotti sprinkle your positive vibe fairy dust on me please!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 - I'm so proud of you to go this crazy ride on your Pat Malone. You must be one hell of a great lady in real (non-cyber) life! Only a totally together woman could face the huge tides of hormones, expectations, wonderings of an IVF cycle on her own. It's tough. It's unforgiving on our body mind & soul in the search for the "holy grail" the golden egg. I feel for you having to get your Dad to drive when he's a negative Nelly - but surely he's not as bad as sniffing Synarel? Lol.
    Keep up your fabulous effort and know that as you battle alone you have the support of others and myself. And I'm sending you a huge dust storm of golden baby-dust✨✨✨plus good vibes🌈🌈🌈.
    xox

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Biscotti71 I can't tell you how much that means right now, I needed to hear that tonight. Tonight I am off guard and questioning if I really want to continue putting mind, body, soul through this. Your pep talks and positivity remind me to keep my eye on the prize. I have lots of well meaning people around me, but none that really get it quite like those going through it. This little support group is worth it's weight in gold. Thank you my dear xx

PS I suspect you are also an incredible, strong, funny woman in the real world too, your personality totally shines even in here.

PPS Drop us a line tomorrow when you come out on the other side.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Jem is that your egg pickup? Why so far out and how are you able to predict the date? Excited for you you're on your way again!
    Kelly - with PGD they need to know the date so you can fit in the testing schedule - it's generally pretty accurate because they then work backwards. They have to put you on the pill for a couple of weeks to get the timing exact then:

Synarel one week
    estrogen priming one week - switch synarel for antagonist injection
    Gonal f one week
    menopur one week

Means you are injecting for at least 3 weeks which wasn't fun!

It would have been early October except FS away for a month from mud September

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 oh you just struck a chord with me! I've been in exactly your position. I remember my first time and the nurses kept asking me if my partner was on the way to pick me up - I'd just come out with only one egg from four follies and my friend got lost finding the place and was am hour late so I was sitting around hearing everyone get news like that they had 10 eggs! The whole 'partner' comment left me ready to cry.

But the second time was SO much easier than the first.

I know the highs and lows but maybe you could think of this as a 'bonus' round (albeit an expensive bonus) before you start afresh with the FS with loads of new ideas to keep you moving.

Do your best to ease your mind - don't they say that things happen when we stop hoping for them - wouldn't that be perfect!
    Last edited by Jem70; 16-08-2014 at 11:19.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you are feeling @Kelly70. My last pick up I had to wait for my friend to pick me up on her lunch break, I lay there watching all the couples heading off home together all supportive and I wandered out of there alone to wait on a street corner, I felt so lonely. Then I remember that there are positives in doing this alone, I don't have anyone questioning if I should continue to through thousands of dollars chasing my dream and with my egg quality and 1 blocked tube it probably wouldn't happen naturally if I did have a partner. To have even made to decision to start this process we must be incredibly strong and brave (or stupid) let alone continuing on through numerous fails. Keep fighting the good fight, you are not alone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, yes I know it's hard seeing couples everywhere. I've got parenting classes at my private hospital tomorrow and I know it will be full of mr and mrs perfect family. It won't be easy but we can't let that stop us from following our hearts, it will only make us stronger.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti any news on your EPU ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your parenting classes @Helsbaby how exciting! I agree it will be hard seeing all the couples but I bet you will have a good giggle when they have their little disagreements which they inevitably will

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm back home now @Kelly70 and @Helsbaby plus all other lovelies in BHland.
    Today was one for one. One follicle begot one egg. As far as my history goes - that's a 100% improvement and 100% yield!! Yippee yi yo. I'm cautiously thrilled. Now for the phone call tomorrow which will reveal whether a party was going on in a certain Petrie dish......or not. The Doc was so stoked when he came down after the procedure we high fived! Hehe.
    I've been clucking and berk-berking like a chook (a very proud chook). Or just a happy, slightly deranged woman of 43. Hence, I'm tired and tender and on the couch now. Thank goodness for the internet etc so I've been able to liaise with my business and no-one is any wiser! Lol.
    Beeeerk!
    Enough of my drivel. How are y'all?