Closed Thread
Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did antagonist too - but I'm such a poor responder ... It's certainly quick though!

I only drink one two coffees a day, so its no biggie for me to drop the coffee and replace it with one tea (which I've been told by all my FS's is fine) during a cycle. I miss the wine though! I got quite out of the habit while I was preggers - but I'm back in the habit again now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done two of each. My first was a fizzer, but the first cycle is always trial and error. My second gave me good quality, but dh's sperm didn't fertilise as great cos he was tired. They were both long down 3dt. My antagonist cycles were the only ones that were 5dt, but that's because I got more than 3 fertilise, last one was good quality but that could have been the saizen.

Back to long down this cycle, but also on immune meds, so I'll be taking:
    Dhea (since jan)
    Prednisolone from 3 weeks before transfer (immune)
    Lucrin
    450 gonal f
    Saizen
    Doxycycline from 1 week before transfer (immune)
    Intralipids 1 week before transfer (immune)
    Clexane injections after epu (immune)
    Continue prednisolone and doxycycline and clexane till testing then review.

I also take:
    Fish oil
    Caltrate
    Vit d
    Vit e
    Coq10
    Zinc
    Vit c
    Pregnancy pre vitamins
    Magnesium

So I rattle while I walk and drink nearly a litre of water swallowing all my tablets each day!

AF is due any day then I get started with bcp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, sounds like an occasional wine outside of the cycles won't impact too much. I gave it up altogether for most of Feb but sometimes I feel a really great glass of red is doing me a world of good

Chiefs you are taking an arsenal of stuff for sure!! Wow. Will be so worth it if you get a beautiful result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling reassured on the antagonist now too - good to know you've mostly all had decent results on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I still drink one coffee a day. My SIL who has three big boys had one a day all through her pregnancies and there were no problems. I don't drink normal tea anymore as I always want sugar with it! I have coffee in the morning and then water or herbal teas. I stay away from herbal teas in tww though as there are conflicting stories about its effects on your uterus.

I drink red wine outside of cycles. In moderation. I cycled all of last year and after the first failed cycle realised it might not happen quickly and I can't let it take over my life completely. I drank water at my brothers wedding last year as it was in my tww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember asking my nurse and FS the question about coffee and they said up to 2 coffees or 200 mg caffeine a day is fine for ivf and pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've really cut back but I still have a few drinks on the weekends, otherwise yeah it would just take over your life. I gave up caffeine a few years ago when I did dry july and I was so shocked at the headaches from caffeine withdrawal that I never went back to caffeinated coffee. I only ever had one a day too. Now when I do occasionally indulge I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I feel all my vices are slipping away.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bongley, I had the exact same experience with coffee! I gave up last year when I knew I was going to be doing ivf and only drank a medium flat white every day at work. When I gave up I had awful headaches and lethargy for a month, couldn't believe it! Makes you realize how powerful caffeine is in the body and for that reason, I won't go back to it either.

Although I do miss the ritual of it, the smell as you walk past cafes on the way to work.. Melbourne has incredible coffee too so it's not easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy isn't it? I never intended on giving up but was just appalled at how reliant my body was on getting that hit. I very rarely get headaches so it was really obviously caffeine withdrawal.
    I do have decaffeinated every now and then when I go to a really good cafe. Have you tried decaffeinated? I drank that everyday for a while until I eased out of needing a coffee first thing, now I don't have anything. It actually helps a lot trying to squeeze in some exercise of a morning.

Sometimes though I feel that I'm going to whittle away my pleasures until I'm left with water, air and exercise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, AF arrived this morning, I'm just waiting for my clinic to get back to me about going on the pill to start the cycle, excited, nervous, ugggghhh, cycle 5 here we come!