Closed Thread
Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wander around the shops and back home. Can't believe how sick I've been feeling and struggling at work too. I had my 8 week scan at the OB last week and saw the little nugget again which is still looking good. Kelly how are you going ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helsbaby that's awesome news on the scan, and morning sickness is kinda great too, a sign that you are very pregnant!! Woohoo!! Have you told work yet, I'm guessing not. Are you planning to be open with people at work about how your pregnancy came about? I'm still not sure how I will personally handle that should I be lucky enough to fall pregnant. My workplace is Govt and pretty old school.

I'm doing fine just a little bummed at the wait ahead of me..

Vix SO hoping we are cycling at the same time, that would be awesome to have a buddy. Hate to say it too but your friend sounds a little self absorbed, all that would have bothered me as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Booboo78, haven't heard from you in a little bit, how are you traveling? I think you said you were cycling this month.

Chiefsgirl, I've been following your progress on the other thread, just wanted to say Hi.

Bongley, so sad about your friend, that's rough. Pregnancy is such a minefield at times. You've started your drugs? Excited for you and so hope this cycle is it for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I haven't told anyone except my family at this stage and not planning to tell anyone else until at least 16 weeks. I wouldn't tell them about the donor sperm as I don't think it's anyone's business. Have to get through the first 12 weeks first I guess and all the tests that I have to do for abnormalities. When do you start cycling ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby glad to hear your scan went well, hope the sickness settles soon.
    Kelly earliest I'll be cycling next is April, hubs is doing a TESA next fri, which is a fine needle aspiration to retrieve sperm, he can do a normal sample however FS recommended him to do this hoping we get more and better quality a little anxious about this and feel bad for dh
    Hope everyone is travelling ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby, still waiting waiting waiting.. For a donor. Will be either the very start or the very end of April. Agreed you have a way to go just yet. I can't help my mind racing forward, but I need to pass Step 1 first..

Booboo your poor DH, that does sound a bit eye watering. We might be cycling at the same time then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh BooBoo - poor hubby! Icepack? Last time I was in recovery the girl across from me was telling me how her husband went in for that and they commenced the aspiration from the wrong side - the one that hadn't been numbed! He was too embarassed/being a bloke to tell them so by the time he fessed up it was too late to numb that side so they would have to withdraw and then start on the other side or keep going - and he told them to just finish quick! Does bring a tear to the eye

Maybe take a big red texta and draw some arrows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, happy Monday

So I found out today my doctor is planning an antagonist cycle for me.. I did a little reading and it seems to be used a bit in older women. Any experience out there with this protocol?

Also wondering what your take on alcohol is with ttc. I gave up caffeine a year ago, cycle and a yoga monster, eat mostly organic and am healthy weight. I cut right back on wine this year (not easy, I love it and come from a wine drinking family) but I wonder would there be potentially a difference if I dropped it altogether in the weeks/months leading up to cycling. Of course I wouldn't dream of any alcohol close to and during the cycle.
    Thoughts?

Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I have only done antagonist cycles, these get better responses from older women and low ovarian reserve. I always had good responses and always got to transfer embryos. I never gave up caffeine and still have one weak coffee a day. Alcohol was hard to give up, I did drink up until starting a cycle then stop, then get back on it when a cycle failed. Ever since I got pregnant I haven't really missed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Kelly, I've done both.I did the antagonist for 6 months and got 3 cycles in which was good but my egg quality didn't seem great. I was switched over to a long down regulation as I have a lot of follicles and they didn't grow in size uniformly. The long down shuts everything down completely and lets the follicles kinda reset. Hope the antagonist works for you! Its definitely a quicker cycle.