Closed Thread
Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem70, I'm sorry to hear none of your embryos were able to be transferred. I've done PGD cycles too (fairly recently) and it took quite a lot to get through it all. In one of my cycles no embryos were normal too (out of 15 eggs) so I can understand where you're coming from. Hope your next cycle produces better results.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jem70, will you pursue your customized stim routine again for your next round? I'm guessing you will seeing as it produced such good egg numbers and follicles.

I'm still trying to get an apt with my current FS, just chased them up again this morning. When I go back in I guess I'll need to go in with some ideas on what we can perhaps do differently this time - I'm thinking of suggesting a long down reg cycle based on what a few of the other girls have said. I think my FS mentioned using Menopur last time I saw her.

Any ideas on trying something new after poor response to antagonist, for a poor responder/low amh-er?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully you'll get into see Lynn Kel and she can come up with something different for you. Love that you did the suck up! You gotta do whatever it takes right :-)
    Things are finally improving for me. The HRT seems to be working and my fsh is the lowest it's been now! It's come down from 16 to 12.5 so hopefully by next month it will be below 10 and I can start to plan my next cycle. I'm going back to see Lynn next week and have so many questions I've had to write them all down so I don't forget!
    Jem can I just say you're amazing! All the work you've put into researching options is incredible.
    I think it sucks tho that these dr's make us do the work when they get paid the big bucks... It's not right. That's why I left mivf as they just couldn't seem to be bothered looking outside the square for options for poor responders like me.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (13-07-2014),Kelly70  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kelly70 - Most of my reading was around getting my egg retrieval rate up but I have seen some discussion on short agonist rather than long to 'kick start' follicles. The short agonist seems to have got me from 4 follies to 10 in the last cycle. You may also want to slow things down with estrogen priming or estrogen supplement right from the start. By no means an expert, but I'd definitely recommend a bit of research on those areas. I was on Menopur for the second half of stimming. You don't want too much LH early in stimming. The injection stings a little but I found if you depress the plunger really slowly it's not as bad as doing it really fast.

I must admit with all my research, I haven't gone for any supplements yet, but I decided to get onto Q10. Has anyone else used? Did my mandatory reading and decided on 600mg per day of the ubiquinol as it's supposed to be much more readily absorbed, particularly if over 40. But double ouch on the cost and the difficulty getting it! I think I cleared out two pharmacies of their stock today just to cover one month.

Means I'm going to plan to get into my next cycle in October, so a short break. Big gulp - I will have turned 44 by then which isn't great.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kel, awesome news on the FSH coming down, you must be pleased and hopeful now. Yep so hope i get in to see Lynn, I'll ring them tomorrow to see if they got my paperwork.

I've also got an apt in 2 weeks with my existing FS. Feel like I need to go in there with some ideas.

Jem70 - short agonist, as in flare cycle? My FS did mention trying a flare. I feel a bit like I should try a long cycle, but man, I'm not the expert. I spent sat morning trying to find ubiquinol! Can I ask where you found it in the end? You can get it online but I was hoping to pick some up at a store somewhere and get on it ASAP. I did take a naturopath quality q10 pretty much all year - gave me some energy but don't think it did much else. I think I'm going to give dhea a shot, despite some warnings about it on the other thread, I'm not sure things could get any worse with my ovaries so I don't think it can hurt to try.

Sparrow, how you traveling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, one of my friends did 10 cycles before changing clinics and trying dhea for 3 months before her last cycle. She got the best response she ever had, 14 eggs (she was 38) and she then fell pregnant with twins. If your FS will agree to it you should try it. She didnt have and side affects besides oily hair.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kelly70. I am feeling a bit stronger this week and getting ready to try again. I have a scan on Friday to check lining and see if I'm ready to ovulate then hopefully transfer early next week. Thanks for checking in.
    I hope you get to meet with the new FS soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that feedback Hels, very much appreciated. I've heard more good than bad so I'm going to get online tonight and get some. Not FS prescribed but there's plenty online that are recommended, fertilaid for one.

Sparrow happy you are feeling better and gearing up for FET, I really hope this it for you my dear.

Hugs to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 if you go the bioceuticals website they have a stockist search function - that's what I did. They come in 150mg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kel, any news re an appt with Lynn? I was just in to see her and I overheard them making appointments for new patients so I hope you also get in to see her :-)