Closed Thread
Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Little sparrow I'm sorry it didn't work out this time. It's never feels any easier no matter how often you cycle. Can you do Pgd with frosties ? I wasn't too sure if that was a possibility, if it is it might not be a bad idea. How many cycles have you done ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies. I think it is actually getting harder not easier the more failures I have. Last stim I had 5 frosties and only 2 survived thawing. This time I have 3 frosties which is pretty crap from13 eggs and I am terrified I will get to transfer day and they will tell me none have made it to transfer. Up until not I hadn't considered testing the embryos and no one had suggested it but it might be worth looking into. I am just so frustrated I don't know what else to do. The acupuncture, Chinese herbs and changes to diet and lifestyle seem to have made no difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's a quality issue isn't it.. I'm starting to wonder too about all the extra cash spent on herbs and vitamins and acu - I've been on high strength q10 and naturopathic herbs for 6 months, did nothing that I can see. Ditching the herbs now and think I'll keep the q10 (might upgrade to the high strength ubiquinol) and vitamins plus add in dhea and melatonin. That's it. Not sure I'll even bother with the acu - although I was planning to. Maybe just save it for when/if there a transfer done.

It's hard isn't it sparrow - I felt like hell for 2 days (emotionally) but as the drugs come out of your system I think you start to feel like your old self again and bounce back. Then develop a new plan.

Fingers crossed those frosties thaw safely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, when i first started I did accupuncture then when it didn't make a difference I stopped it. I didn't even do it pre and post transfer. I never went on dhea because my FS didn't think it did anything. All I took was q10 and vitamin D along with elevit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm starting to think it's all a bit of a waste.. Think I'll spend the money on massages instead I don't even like acupuncture.

Hels your protocol was just the antagonist each time right, gonal f and orgalutran? Sorry I know you've told me before.

Wondering how Biscotti71 is getting along.. Any word lovely? Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly yes although I was on puregon not gonal f but its essentially the same thing I think. But always the short cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70
    It was no eggs on Friday. I feel numb.
    Will ring FS tomorrow. The fear of the unknown...Will be better after sleep.
    Thank you for thinking of me🙏
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 06-07-2014 at 23:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How massively disappointing biscotti, sending giant hugs to you from bub hub. I know that numb feeling, we probably all do. Yes sleep and a day or two helps immeasurably. Look after yourself hun.
    Gosh I wish one of us would crack it. X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - wish I could share something positive but unfortunately my three embryos came back from testing as not viable today. How I hate hearing my phone ring in the hours leading up to ET - wasn't as bad as last time though - that call came 20 minutes before I was due at the clinic, so I was already on my way.

I know the odds are slim at my age so I was as prepared as possible and at least I feel I made progress on my first attempt.

i think next time will be my third and last try. The tough part of being single is there is no chance of a natural miracle but even on the really low days I never regret trying. Good luck to everyone - I hope the odds favour someone else very very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem - that is really disappointing, I felt really hopeful for your chances, especially with 3 embryos. But you are absolutely correct - you made HUGE strides from your first attempt. Whilst upsetting to have this happen, you must feel pretty thrilled to have gotten to 3 embryos!! At nearly 44 that's awesome!

I reckon you should def feel inspired to try again.

What's the cost of pgd? Do you only pay it if there are embryos to test (no silly pay upfront thing is it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (09-07-2014)