Closed Thread
Page 60 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually find her to be quite warm but she is matter of fact. I had heard the same and was pleasantly surprised. Her staff are fabulous. I'm always calling for one reason or another and they are really lovely and very efficient. The only thing I'll say about Lynn is she talks fast! So write down your questions and answers if need be. Every time I leave my head is spinning! But you can always call and ask more questions, am sure it happens all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks girls, yeah it's a tough one as even though you know the odds are slim, a little piece of you thinks that maybe you might be the exception rather than the rule. I need to process it and give myself some time to think about my next steps. It was only my first proper cycle after all.
    In terms of trying some new things I have these on my list which I will now look into:
    1. I know that I will only get small egg numbers so quality should be the focus - is it really possible to improve quality of eggs that pop through during stimming/ovulation? Isn't it just a roll the dice/lottery to catch a good one? At 43 with a severely reduced reserve like mine, are there likely to even be any viable ones?
    #notgivingup
    @Kelly70 - this is an interesting one...
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health

Thanks
    Reviews
    2. Long down reg cycle - current FS mentioned this but didn't feel it showed any better results for poor responders,
    she did mention a flare cycle (sounds like antagonist to me) or using a different drug (I can't remember if she said Femara or Menopur). Not sure how hopeful she is for me - perhaps I need to express to her that I do not want to give up and that I want to try everything possible and be aggressive when I see her next.
    #notgivingup
    @Kelly70 - this might help...it's another FS take on protocols.
    http://haveababy.com/fertility-infor...ach-to-ovarian

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2. Long down reg cycle - current FS mentioned this but didn't feel it showed any better results for poor responders,
    she did mention a flare cycle (sounds like antagonist to me) or using a different drug (I can't remember if she said Femara or Menopur). Not sure how hopeful she is for me - perhaps I need to express to her that I do not want to give up and that I want to try everything possible and be aggressive when I see her next.
    #notgivingup
    @Kelly70 - this might help...it's another FS take on protocols.
    http://haveababy.com/fertility-infor...ach-to-ovarian

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 - how are you feeling these days? Better I hope and getting some research in?..
    What's the story with your next cycle? Do you go again in 2 weeks or longer?
    Whatever you're doing, I'm thinking of you. ✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, how are you doing ? Are you going to change clinics ? Might be worth a try for your next round. I've been out of action with a rotten cold all week but finally some improvement today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, thanks for checking in.

Had a rough day Monday but feeling much better now. I've applied to get my full history sent to me from melb ivf which I will then forward on to Lynne Burmeister's office. Fingers crossed she'll take me. I went to my wonderful GP yesterday (who confirmed my preg back in 2012 and has been following me through this fertility journey. She said she would have recommended Lynne B to me as my next course of action, she says Lynne is very aggressive in her approach and that she gets results. She also said she doesn't approve of her manner particularly (not the first time I've heard that about Lynne!).

If Lynn won't take me, I guess I'll cycle with melb ivf again (seeing as I still have 3 more goes left with my donor sperm!)

Happy to be away from the all consuming haze of ivf for now and back to my life

I'm interested in trying DHEA, can anyone tell me if they've used it?

Glad you're feeling better Helsbaby, any more updates on the bub/pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LittleSparrow where are you up to in your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I'm glad you are feeling better now and have a course of action. I hope you get in to see Lynn, I've heard good things. What is so unusual on her approach ? Baby is fine, shes very feisty with her kicks. I'm 27 weeks now and have to have my glucose test next week then seeing OB after that. He mentioned that due to my age and ivf they prefer a c section birth. I'm just thinking about that now. It's big surgery but if they think its safest that's probably the route ill take I guess. I'm getting heavy now though and having back trouble. The cold weather doesn't help either ! My last day at work is 31st Aug and I can't wait really. This will be my first real long break in 20 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you are getting a second opinion @Kelly70 and so pleased everything is positive for you @Helsbaby
    AFM I think it is going to be a BFN for me. I am currently 9dp2dt and had a bit of spotting this morning and a headache last night and this morning. CD 28 and I haven't had a 28 day cycle since before I started IVF, usually 35 days so that would be typical.