so sorry to hear your news x
so sorry to hear your news x
Thanks girls, yeah it's a tough one as even though you know the odds are slim, a little piece of you thinks that maybe you might be the exception rather than the rule. I need to process it and give myself some time to think about my next steps. It was only my first proper cycle after all.
In terms of trying some new things I have these on my list which I will now look into:
1. I know that I will only get small egg numbers so quality should be the focus - is it really possible to improve quality of eggs that pop through during stimming/ovulation? Isn't it just a roll the dice/lottery to catch a good one? At 43 with a severely reduced reserve like mine, are there likely to even be any viable ones?
2. Long down reg cycle - current FS mentioned this but didn't feel it showed any better results for poor responders,
she did mention a flare cycle (sounds like antagonist to me) or using a different drug (I can't remember if she said Femara or Menopur). Not sure how hopeful she is for me - perhaps I need to express to her that I do not want to give up and that I want to try everything possible and be aggressive when I see her next.
3. 2nd opinion at monash
4. Dhea (I have been a bit anti this since reading about side effects but have any of you seen improvements on it), hgh. FS mentioned other sups like melatonin
5. I'm switching my naturopath for a regular acupuncture routine - any recommends for a good one in Melbs? I've seen a couple at fertile ground who are okay.
6. Diet - already pretty good but I eat white carbs occasionally and could prob focus on more lean proteins and getting in more fruits and veg. Any of you made diet changes that have seen improvements for you?
7. Focus on fitness again
Be aggressive in my approach to cycling, not aggressive to my FS
I feel a bit naughty but I've taken a day off work today, even though I was planning to go in. Energy is a bit low. Boss knows about the cycling and has been amazing. Might get a massage later yay. And plan plan plan.
Hey Kelly, good to see you've got a plan!! I see Richard Zeng in coburg (he also works in ringwood) for acupuncture and TCM although I did give up the herbs when I started HRT. A lot of the ladies who see Lynn also see Richard and have had great success. He is fabulous, he knows everything about fertility and he is a really gentle and caring guy and helps keep your emotions in check too which helps! He is at the almond wellness centre on Harding st coburg. Not sure if that's convenient for you as not sure where you are but he would be my recommendation!
Thanks Kel, that sounds like a positive recommend! I'll def look him up. I'm close to the CBD so coburg is okay for me.
Oh and a massage sounds like the perfect thing to do today. Enjoy!!
FS just called and we had a wee chat. She said the small egg wasn't mature and the bigger egg matured in the lab but just deteriorated. She said she was so happy to get 2 eggs for me on the day but that she doesn't think I will ever get more than 1 or 2 eggs regardless of the protocol we use. I asked her if there was likely to be any viable eggs in my reserve and she said yes but less than 5% chance of encountering one. Donor eggs were mentioned and I said I wasn't there yet.
I got the feeling she was hinting at wrapping things up and I said I wasn't ready to yet.. so she said I was welcome to try again and to call her 2 weeks from when I want to cycle again and that we'd decide then what protocol to use
Hmmm I would be asking for your history and getting it to Lynn for review. She might have something else up her sleeve, you just never know. You've got nothing to lose!
Hey Kel, already started the ball rolling to get my history sent to Lynne. I mean I know I'm a difficult case and clearly a poor responder but I had a natural pregnancy occur at 42 and I still have eggs! Why are they so quick to give up.
I've heard Lynne has a very matter of fact manner and not to expect much in the way of emotional support, is that how you find her? I think they're prob all a bit like that.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!