Closed Thread
Page 58 of 103 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No luck with the 2 eggs, one was too immature as expected and the mature one didn't fertilize. Ah man, shattering not to even get to embryo transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Kelly70 I am shattered for you. I really thought at least one would be good for transfer. Give yourself a few days to grieve what could have been then get back out there and give it another shot. Remember your hashtag! I'm no expert but I would have a chat to your FS about a long down regulated cycle, I believe it has good results with older ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes so hard at this moment to have gone through all that and have nothing, but as my friend (who has been through ivf says) it's still slightly easier to know now that it was poor quality than to have a miscarriage or negative test down the track.
    I'll try again but I'll just never have the numbers, so it's going to be a tough path. Can you cycle again next period having had egg collection - I'm guessing I'll be waiting til the following period, so 6 weeks. 2 weeks is too soon I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you do a long down reg they will put you on bcp for a few weeks but I'm not sure if you can start that straight away or wait until your next period. Rest up and look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kelly - that's just devastating. And $h1t. That happened to me once and I was a mess - Little sparrow is a wise owl - there is some grieving to be done
    Whether they let you cycle next month will depend on your FS. My understanding is that after an EPU your ovaries are swollen and bruised because they have been punctured to get the eggs from the follicles. For that reason they like to let them recover a little before they go through another EPU procedure, so usually its a month off in between. Not always a bad thing to get a rest from the meds - and also a chance for you to consider whether you want to switch to Monash ....

At least its a good day to stay home on the couch hey - have a glass of wine and know that we're all thinking of you xxx That BFP is just a matter of time, you are now one EPU closer to your magic egg
    Last edited by Vixjc; 29-06-2014 at 14:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, I'm really sorry to hear what happened

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kelly that's devastating. So sorry to hear that. Take some time out, then try again on a different protocol. I think they would want you to wait out a cycle before starting again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kelly70 I'm so sorry, def take some time to grieve. I think asking about a long down cycle is def worth it and would ask about dhea and hgh which helps us older ladies with low numbers get better quality.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Kelly :-( thinking of you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 - I'm feeling really flat for you now. Damn. But the good news is you know you can get eggies! So there is still hope - just a question of quality which I believe we can influence thru diet, exercise and mindset. Bugger of a cycle outcome for you... rest up but don't give up! 😘

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (30-06-2014)