Closed Thread
Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 37 and following in my mums footsteps as she went through menopause @ 42 :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kellyk77 - very good plan to get onto it now. You are still pretty young compared to most of us. My best friend (who wasn't sold on the idea of having kids) just found out her mum and aunty hit early menopause at age 41/42 as well.. My friend is 40 now and I don't quite get how her mum hadn't told her sooner. My friend is now in a flurry of fertility testing and pretty worried she's headed down the same path. Suddenly kids are back on the agenda too.

Gosh I can't believe this thread has had over 20k views since I started it. Clearly a topic of interest to a lot of peeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got quite a shock finding out the results of my fertility as I also didn't know about my mum. My parents had us really young and mum just didn't think about what it could possibly mean for my fertility. I'm just glad I decided to get tested when I did! Hopefully I still have some hope of using my eggs, even tho things are not looking optimistic. Lynn advised me that if I have a daughter (using my own eggs) she should have her ovarian reserve tested in her early to mid 20's as it's likely to be passed along. So I'm pinning all my hopes on this HRT but am already looking into the donor process just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Donor eggs? And donor sperm? I have tried to go there mentally but hard at the moment.. I actually looked at donor embryo too, have you? I was thinking it made more sense for someone single like me, financially as well. Egg donor is so expensive unless you can recruit. I think there's an age cut off for donor embryo, anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep both egg and sperm for me. One of my oldest and dearest friends has offered to be a donor as she's super fertile. I'm undecided though as I dint want anything to come between us and fear it would change things. I've been reading the South Africa egg donation thread and getting heaps of great info from it. It's a hell of lot cheaper to go OS and they do donor sperm too. I'm not 100% there yet either but I need a back up plan as things are not looking good my own eggs and I need to have comfort there is still another option. I haven't really looked into a donor embryo, maybe I should check that out too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 42😮😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hum. I called Lynne's office today and based on my age, they want the history from melb ivf first before making me an apt with Lynne. They want to see if there is anything they can do to help first before she even sees me. I don't want to ask for that before this cycle finishes so I'll see how I go tomorrow first I think. Argh. I was hoping just to make an apt and go in for a chat. Guessing she's had a lot of interest from older women as her reputation has spread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer! She is very popular so I guess it makes sense she would want to see what been done already to see if there is actually anything else she can try for you. There is another dr @ monash who is also meant to be fantastic, dr nick lolatgis. They all work together anyway so might be worth trying him? But see how this cycle pans out and then maybe decide from there. Your current FS can't begrudge you getting another opinion so don't feel bad asking for your history. Am sure they would do the same if in the same position :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've booked in for acupuncture on Friday and doing a new blood test at my drs to see what my FSH level is doing.

Last night I read so many positive posts about acupuncture low AMH raised FSH etc etc it has made me a teeny weeny bit more hopeful.

I think my gorgeous OH was as saddened as me yesterday, he was very quiet, which is unusual, I suppose lost for words, after his initial expletive, "well looks like we're ******" he never usually shows disappointment, ever.

Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow Kelly70 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I feel like maybe you guys are not the only ones ******!!
    Sounds like you have a plan MissyBear which is awesome. I think I'll go back to acu as well - I don't think it will help us with numbers but I think it increase blood flow and nourishment to the eggs that are there and yeah good for that FSH as well. Did the clinic not indicate that you could cycle again on a higher dose of the meds? Weren't you only on 300 puregon? Surely they could up your dose like they did mine.

I'm quite bloated this arvo, praying that means there's been a little action.

I guess I'll have to decide tomorrow if it's worth going to egg collection with only one follicle - I mean this may be as good as it gets with me. Do I have a go or pull the pin? Thoughts? Hels?