Closed Thread
Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a funny comment re ivf vs IUI sperm! Isn't sperm the same regardless? Obviously not! I guess at monash they must do it differently somehow. I'm still taking HRT hoping it will reduce my fsh. This next period will be nearly 2 months of taking it so really hoping to see an improvement! Hopefully your follies grow a bit more in the next few days :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps I should be on HRT to give myself a better chance??? What do you think girls????

Thanks
    Reviews
    @missybear - I would ask your FS about it. Can't hurt! I've had no side effects at all either which us great as I was a little worried about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    That's a funny comment re ivf vs IUI sperm! Isn't sperm the same regardless? Obviously not! I guess at monash they must do it differently somehow. I'm still taking HRT hoping it will reduce my fsh. This next period will be nearly 2 months of taking it so really hoping to see an improvement! Hopefully your follies grow a bit more in the next few days :-)
    Kelly77, what was your FSH level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is always around 15/16 and my amh is 1.4.
    Do you know what your fsh is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MissyBear - I really think you should look into everything, acupuncture/tcm is meant to be great for lowering fsh, HRT, maybe looking for a new FS/clinic that will let you cycle again.

I'm contemplating ditching my naturopath and going back to acupuncture for my next cycle.

Kellyk77, I'm half thinking of making an apt with Lynne B from monash (you are with her yes?). My girlfriend had her baby at 40 via Lynn and recommends her highly. Just have to forfeit the 1800 donor fee I've already paid at melb ivf but it might be worth the switch as I believe she is great with older women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I can't recommend Lynn highly enough! She is so proactive and will throw everything at you. She said if I can get my fsh down she'll try me on elonva (pretty sure that's what it's called anyway!) as it is more effective for poor responders. She put me on a whole lot of supplements as well to help with egg quality. She's hard to get into so maybe call and make an appointment now even if you're not sure as there's usually a couple months wait. Then you can think about it and even keep trying with mivf in the meantime. Check out the Lynn thread - there are heaps of success stories :-) Aldo there is no up front fee for sperm at monash. I think it just costs around $200 per cycle. And no waiting list either :-)
    Missybear - I tried Tcm as well but unfortunately it didn't work for me but I can't say enough about acupuncture as it really has a fabulous calming effect on me. I love it! I think you should try anything and everything as it can't hurt right?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Mine is always around 15/16 and my amh is 1.4.
    Do you know what your fsh is?
    I will have to sift through my folder, I have the number for sure, but your numbers sound familiar to mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My current FS told me it isn't worth stimming again unless I can get it under 10. If yours is the same I would def ask about HRT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My amh is also low @ 1.4 so I think we're very similar! How old are you if you don't mind me asking?