Closed Thread
Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks lovely girls, well I chatted with my mum and a friend and we all felt I should cancel. My doctor said she thought we should go to collection because with reserve being so low, that this may be as good as it gets. But she also understood that as I've not been on the max dose that I might like to cancel and try again. What a freaking rollercoaster!

But I know what's involved now and I know I can do it. So I'm just going to run through a few more cycles and see what happens. I think everyone's body is unique but what seems to be common is that it can vary from cycle to cycle.

What I'm surprised at, actually maybe not so surprised at really, is that no-one told me it would cost less than 1k if I pulled out before egg transfer. A family member who has done ivf texted me randomly to see how I was going and SHE informed me of this fact. I mean I guess they don't want to advertise it as people might just do continual cycles up to the first scan and pull the pin if results are average?? Right? I'm starting to feel a little disheartened at the overt money making spin on this ivf caper. I mean what they do is amazing but it is clearly, first and foremost, a business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In other news I'm having a couple of big fat wines. I can't believe i had my trigger yesterday and now i am here. Anyway the combo is kinda interesting! I totally deserve it after my week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Egg collection not "egg transfer".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kel, I feel for you but as you say you know what to expect for next time. I think I would have made the same decision as you in that situation. EPU is quite gruelling on the body with an general anaesthetic etc plus the cost of hospital fees so give it another month, try a higher dose and if you get the same result go for pick up then. Enjoy your wines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, good that you made your decision. I hope you are feeling good about it. Go for maximum dose of 450 and go again straight away with your next period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling good about it.. It was such a tough decision last night and I had 15 mins before the nurses went home to make it! I also had your story ringing in my ears Hels!! But I want to see what the body does on 450. Will they let me go again so quickly? They won't make me wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They shouldn't make you wait. I think no time to waste and get straight Back on the horse. You didn't have egg collection so no need to take a month off to recover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think back on the horse is a good idea too. Thanks everyone.

Gosh all about me at the moment, any updates from you girls?

Vix how are you traveling? And how many weeks now Hels, I'm guessing you are showing now, have you told work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 22 weeks today, I'm showing although people still don't really see it as I live in long tops and tights. Starting to really feel tired and don't feel like doing much. I've told work, I'm a contractor and not entitled to maternity leave so id like to work as long as I can I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    22 weeks, wow!

How many follies/eggs were you getting through the first 3 cycles you did on 450 gonal? And how many embryos? I know everyone's different and i shouldn't compare but I'm curious.