Closed Thread
Page 42 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone!!

Definitely won't be lots of eggs Springy, I already know there's only 2 follicles, but I'm just pleased the cycle wasn't cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Triggering at 10:40 tonight, I've set an alarm so I don't forget. Having a massive wave of nausea right now, I'm guessing the progesterone tablets?

Have had my high spirits dampened by words I had tonight with my dad - he's not supportive of my venture into potential single parenthood and has been disinterested at best. I may be hormonal as all get up right now and probably wasn't great timing but I told him I wasn't happy that he's not supporting my dream! It didn't go quite as well as I might have hoped but I guess I got my message across.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your dad Kelly. My mum hasn't been overly supportive either. I know she's just worried about how I'll cope but I'd rather she just say she'll support me no matter what! So I know how it feels and feel for you. Stay focused on your goal and try not to take the negativity on board (hard I know!). I'm sure when bubba comes along he'll be thrilled :-) Good luck for trigger tonight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KellyK, welcome back lovely!!

Yes it's getting to me that I don't have his blessing when I have everyone else's particularly when he's one of the most important people in my life. Like your mum, I know he's just concerned about my wellbeing because he probably knows how difficult being a single parent would be and he is also worried about how hard this will be on me if it all fails. But not being happy for me during my small successes (like today) or wishing me good luck or enquiring who might be picking me up or looking after me after my general on Saturday, it's rough.

Anyways I'm going to forget that now and focus on the next baby steps towards my goal

Please an update on you now - how have the past couple of months been with getting your fsh down? Are you cycling in June? So pleased to have you back. With LittleSparrow and Hels, we make 4 totally awesome single girls doing it for ourselves!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fsh is still too high :-( started HRT this month so hopefully that does the trick. I haven't been down the road of picking a sperm donor yet as I want to do it until I know if my body is going to come to the party. Didn't want to get excited picking a donor only to not be able to proceed. So will take the HRT for 2 months then have a BT early July and go from there. Keeping everything crossed but also have a back up plan of donor eggs of it doesn't work. I need to for my own sanity! So looking at the South Africa option of DE at the moment too just in case. A good friend offered to be a donor but I'm not sure if I can accept, so many thinks to consider when you know the donor. Anyway, one step at a time!
    It is so nice knowing there are other singles like me out there going down this road. I love it!
    Good luck again for tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly good luck for tomorrow looking forward to hearing fertilisation results. Kelly77 hope your levels come down soon so you can start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - I only just found out that you can cancel prior to egg collection and not pay full costs, less than a grand for medication costs. If I go to collection, full costs nearly. I had no idea I thought I was liable already for almost full costs.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the clinic but is it worth my while with only 2 follies (of which only one looked good)?? Aaaaargh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kelly, I paid $1000 for my cancelled cycle but got half back on Medicare. It's such a tough call! I guess if you decide to cancel you go again next month and see what happens. They may up your dose so you get a better response? But then again as hels said you only need one!!! Gosh love, your head must be spinning, you poor thing. I wish we all had a bloody crystal ball!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Kelly - it's such a hard choice ... we were in that boat too. We went ahead with 4 and 3, but for one (my last own egg cycle) we cancelled. The other three they didn't even give me a choice - they were all cancelled. A cancelled cycle is definitely cheaper - but its hard to know first cycle cos you don't know how you'll respond next time ... good luck whichever way you go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly yes it's a hard choice. My first 3 cycles I had good numbers so when faced with my 4th cycle and only 2 follicles I decided that was my last go so I decided to proceed, and was encouraged to do so by my FS. And I'm glad I did because it worked. But for your first cycle Its hard to tell, you don't know how you will respond next time on a higher dose of meds. I wish you well whichever way you go.