Closed Thread
Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix my morning sickness lasted about 2 weeks and was really mild. Didn't really start until I was about 8 weeks. Hopefully you won't have it too bad. Good to see you going well also. Do you really need to take so many pessaries ? Good luck to the other ladies starting cycles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hels, amazing news about the 95% baby girl!! Gosh you really are my inspiration, I can't tell you how often my mind refers to you as and your amazing journey so far, as a benchmark of sorts. I can only dream of being as smiled upon by the gods!

My first scan is Wednesday, ****e that seems soon, it's only really 5 days of injections as I have my 6th that day. Feel a little nervous. Can anything much really have grown by then?? Cross your fingers for me there's some action!

Vix totally sounds like a drag my love, feeling vile for days on end is no fun, irrespective of grateful. Hope it smoothes out for you soon so you can settle back and enjoy this pregnancy. The bleeds must be disconcerting but I have a gut feel that things are going your way this time. Hang in there girl!

Heya MissyBear, let's do this!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I've got everything crossed for you that it works first go. They grow slowly at first, and the number could change from the first scan to the next. Are you on puregon or gonal f ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsbaby View Post
    Vix my morning sickness lasted about 2 weeks and was really mild. Didn't really start until I was about 8 weeks. Hopefully you won't have it too bad. Good to see you going well also. Do you really need to take so many pessaries ? Good luck to the other ladies starting cycles.
    Hopefully its just a two week thing for me too! Would be awesome if this nausea started to ease - it has been a better day today, if it could continue to improve like that it would be such a relief. The cruel irony is that at the same time I'm feeling nauseas I have this amazingly sensitive sense of smell ... and a packed train first thing in the morning with nausea and a sensitive nose is a whole new kind of hell! I'm really hoping that my OB tomorrow will say i can back off the pessaries ... surely my current level is overkill and can be toned back! I'm prepared to beg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels, gonal f. A family member of mine did a couple of rounds of ivf and her first one, they made it to egg collection and when they went to to collect, no eggs. Her second round the cycle was cancelled (could it have been after the first scan?) because the follicles just weren't growing. She was 45 though at the time. But I'm hoping my cycle doesn't get cancelled this Wednesday if that's even a possibility!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly - with all my cycles at the first scan if things weren't right on track they'd get me to keep stimming for a while longer - sometimes I had three scans, they never cancelled them straight away. Maybe your family member just had no follies rather than slow follies? I've got my fingers crossed you'll get 10-12 nice fat follies with a mature egg in each one

Had my OB appointment today - he's lovely. But away from week 37 of my pregnancy ... doh. They forgot to include those leave dates in the correspondence. Oh well ... his colleagues that look after his clients during his leave are all good. Its the majority of the pregnancy that's most important I reckon. So Ralph was in there wiggling away - 173bpm ... could see the little arm and leg buds Doc says that it was a perfect scan so chance of miscarriage now is down to 1% ... bleeds probably caused by pessary irritation. I get to back off the pessaries at week 10 - hurrah! That's only next week. I can start backing off the progynova straight away - yay! Can get back to exercise once I've had a bleed free week ... He says best to steer clear of Bali / Vietnam etc given the struggle we've had to get here, Hawaii is fine (bless that man!) . An intersting thing, I had thought I would definitely have a c section because that was what was recommended to me previously to reduce risk of foetal demise during natural labour and other risks, but he said he didn't agree with the advice given by last years FS at all, although he knows that is that guy's approach. He said he won't stop me having one, but that we can go through it more thoroughly later and I shouldn't rule nautral out as an option. Bizarre because the only certainty I've ever had about all this is that if I managed to get pregnant and stay pregnant, I would have a c section - and I kinda liked having some certainty, and I was used to that idea, and now it's a grey area again. At the end of the day, I'm going to go with peace of mind - whatever that decision ends up being!

Another OB reflection - felt like a right twit because I fake tanned this morning - I'm REALLY pale naturally so if I don't fake tan I always get asked if I'm sick. So today I scared myself when I looked in the mirror and thought I'd better sort myself out before I scare my clients ... dropped a blob of it by accident and ended up having to fake tan my boob area ... then at the OB I realised there was a routine boob exam which I'd forgotten about ... felt the need to explain that I hadn't fake tanned them for his benefit ... cringe! Cos THAT would be weird! Fortunately he has a sense of humour He also looks and talks like my cousins husband - who I really like. But I feel like my cousin's husband just gave me a boob exam ... Not sure I'll be able to look my cousin's husband in the eye again ...

Good luck for tomorrow Kelly! Cheering you from the sidelines here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix your stories crack me up. Thanks for the pre-bedtime chuckle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today Kelly, I hope you have some good follies beginning to grow ! All is good at my end, not sleeping all that well because im finding it hard to find a good sleeping position because I like to sleep on my back and they say you shouldn't in the second trimester. On another note, baby's kicks are getting stronger, one massive one jolted me out of bed this morning. Vix, how are you feeling ? Nausea getting any better ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm. Had my scan this morning. Fairly poor response unfortunately to the meds. Which reflects my almost non existent amh I guess. Only 2 follies growing on one ovary and none on the other. One of the follies was a good size, 19 x 12 or something and she decided she wants to grab that early. So I'm triggering thurs night and going to egg collection on Saturday. She said no point stimming longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You only need one!