Closed Thread
Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope everyone is well :-)
    Its so weird being on the pill, ive been on it for a week and a half and I cant wait til March 1st so I can stop it. Lol.
    Leaving for Bali on tuesday.. hurry up next 5 days! (Not that I want to wish my annual leave away but I want a holiday!)
    No other news, this thread I would imagine will get busy in another few weeks. .. not long noe ladies :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly - bloods were good, I had my scan at 6.5 weeks yesterday and heartbeat detected so that was a relief, although still cautious. When do you start your cycle ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helsbaby that is phenomenal news. A heartbeat is so encouraging, that must have been a lovely moment for you. Totally understand your caution...
    But I'm a bit excited for you too! Gives me some hope. I'm now finally finished with all the apts and unfortunately have to wait now for a sperm donor to come up. Could be anywhere bw 6-10 weeks. Seems long but at least I'm on my way now. I'm spending these weeks being super healthy and just getting ready.
    When's your next scan, 8 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    6-10 weeks wait for donor is not too bad, I had to wait a min of 3 months or more depending on how many people were on the list. As you said at least you have been pregnant before, I have high hopes for you. Hopefully you will conceive first go and not have to go through multiple cycles. When I saw my FS yesterday, she told me to book in with an OB but I'm freaking out and wondering if its too early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 3 months.. I checked with the other big clinic here in Melbourne, monash ivf and they have no waiting list. More donors perhaps. I just can't wait for my number to come up so I can get cracking!

I have a vague worry Helsbaby that I'll get through the first cycle and they'll go to collect eggs and there won't be any that happened to a family member of mine however she was 45 at the time. So hoping a few eggs pop out.

Do you know if Sydney IVF conducted any particular sort of protocol with you that was perhaps geared to older women? I'm going to schedule an apt with my FS and see what kind of plan she has for me.

Yes understand feeling nervous about booking an Ob already. It can't hurt to start looking around and you'll know when you feel comfortable enough and ready to actually book one I reckon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the idea of no eggs is a real concern at our age I have low amh too. Because of that I was on the highest dose of puregon to get my ovaries moving. I was on 450ui and that seemed to get eggs out. My best cycle I had 8 eggs 5 fertilised and 1 blastocyst transfer with one frozen. None of them took. My successful cycle I had only 3 follicles with only one egg collected and I'm now pregnant from that egg. So if you don't get a fantastic response, don't feel bad, you never know what could happen. Based on what happened to me I don't believe it's a numbers game. I think you have a great chance since you had success naturally.

I think ill probably look for an OB as all pregnancies at out age are probably classified as high risk and if something goes wrong I'd like to know can call someone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly,

I'm so excited for you and hoping that your donor comes up soon - waiting is the worst part hey! I can understand being worried about no eggs coming up in your cycle- (it happened to me once, and I have an AMH of 12.9 so don't assume your low AMH will mean you'll have trouble bringing them to the surface, given you've already conceived once your eggs are obviously raring to go!... Just try and think positive and have faith it won't go that way I think the stats are that 75% of follicles will have eggs, and lets face it, you only need one! I think you were asking about protocols for older women? My understanding is the colorado protocol, Boost protocol and flare protocols are favoured for older women - they all have similarities often involving blood thinners to prevent clots. If you google you'll find explanations of each.
    Bring on April I say! I start my down regulation on Monday with a Zolodex injection to suppress my cycle, can't wait!!! Hubby is already on his vitamins and meds and he flies to Greece to give his sample in 3.5 weeks. Poor man, I'm making him stay off his bike for the ten days beforehand - its gonna break his fit little MAMIL heart

Hi Megsarama - I think we cycled together last November? Fingers crossed this is our lucky cycle hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks vixjc - I love the idea of my eggs raring to go, gosh I wish!! Although that pregnancy did happen seemingly without trying, I really could not believe it at the time. We'll see how the bod responds to the stimulation cycle, I'm so curious to see. But with such low amh I'm realistic in terms of egg numbers.

Actually whilst on the subject of the drugs - how do you and Helsbaby as well - actually feel on them? I have a reasonably demanding job and am hoping the impact isn't too huge, physically and mentally etc I'm sure everyone is different but I have heard its not quite as bad as you might think.

Helsbaby - good luck finding a great Ob, let us know how you get on! Also was wondering just because you're in the same single boat as me - how are you coping mentally with the concept of being a single mum? Do you have a lot of support around you? I have a few moments here and there where I imagine being the only carer of a young baby and beyond and just get a bit mind blown by it all. I'm 100% committed to what I'm doing and I could not be more ready but I'm under no illusion that if it does happen, it will be a huge job on my own (albeit incredibly rewarding).

Thanks
    Reviews
    How I felt on the meds depended on the dose - when the dose was too low my oestrogen levels would be low and I would feel crap - headaches, emotional, fed up ... And I'm a lawyer, so no space for that stuff in my work day!! So that happened on cycles one and six. All my other cycles I was absolutely fine. When I was on dexamethasone I got bloated, and sleep was hard to come by, but otherwise ok. In terms of fsh meds, I've done Gonal f, puregon, elonva, and Menapur - no difference in how I felt as long as I was on the max dose, but elonva gave me the most follies do you know what meds you'll be taking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The meds didn't give me many symptoms but you need to do them at the same time each day which requires some planning if you are going out. I have a stressful job as well, and decided to go contracting mid last year after being in perm roles forever. Probably wasn't a great choice as I won't be entitled to maternity leave or anything like that. Things never work out the way you want sometimes. I'm starting to feel queasy and had a migraine over the weekend. It took me about a year to decide to do this because I am from a close family with both parents but I now think I did the right thing. Everyone is so supportive. As long as you have a support network you will be fine.