Closed Thread
Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Little sparrow and Kelly thinking of u, hope the wait helps, this all be can so consuming. hang in there ladies. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies!!

So despite what I said in my last post, my AF showed up with a vengeance on Wednesday. I had been to see my naturopath on the weekend and she gave me some herbs to bring it on. I'm not sure if that's what did the trick but I did ask her if I should maybe wait a cycle or so before starting and she said I should be right to start.

So I made a decision when AF came and had my first jab today! Took me a full 30 mins to ram that first baby home, had no clue it would be so hard! All in your head though as didn't feel the needle at all, piece of cake once I got over the fear. Jumped up and down in excitement once I'd done it though!!

First day on it at work wasn't so fun though, my head was swimming and I had some nausea, still don't feel so great even now I have to say. Anyone else have that on gonal f at the start? My friends who've done ivf said it barely affected them. I'm hoping it's just my body adjusting and that it settles, can't be like this every day surely

Updates on all you gorgeous girls please xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kelly70 yay for starting to stim! I think I had quite a bit of nausea the first cycle I was on gonal f. I use 450 so quite a high dose. Just remember to drink lots of water, it does help. The first jab us always hard, but it's never as bad as we think it will be.

AFM, waiting for AF so I can start my fet cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay glad u can get started Kel, good job on 1st jab it's not easy at 1st but u get used to it. My jabs r more fiddley this round with using Menopur and Saizen which u have to mix but felt a lot more confident after day 2

Gl for your cycle hun, I'm on day 7 of jabs, EPU prob next Wed

Chiefsgirl - not long now will u transfer 2 if your able to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep booboo78 I have transferred 2 ever since my second cycle. I'm 40 now so def think it's worth the risk. I wd be over the moon if both stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I didn't look at your signature properly. Twins would be such a blessing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BooBoo and Chiefs! Fingers crossed on your upcoming cycles too my loves.

Good news today is 2nd jab was a piece of cake and today I also feel totally fine. Had a bit of a swimmy head this morning afterwards for a couple of hours but am pretty much feeling normal otherwise. Guess there's an initial bump of hormones then you just kind of smooth out. Thank god, I though i was going to be in crazy-land for 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kelly good news on you starting your cycle ! I was on high doses of puregon, 450 iu and got occasional headaches but nothing else. When is your first follie scan ? I just had my 20 week scan last Wednesday and baby is looking really good. The doc checked for the sex and said 95% chance it's a girl ! I'm starting to get pretty big and not used to it, I think the next few months are going to fly by really fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go you good thing! That AF is a real witch hey - what a stunt Congrats on being back on the horse. Feeling a little off is not uncommon when you start the meds, I think it has something to do with your oestrogen levels. In my first cycle when I felt hideous all the way through it was because my oestrogen was too low, but equally if your oestrogen is high (like when you're pregnant) you get sick then too ... the fact you're feeling pretty ok now is a good sign that things are in balance I reckon We'll be having that baby wipes discussion before you know it!

AFM - I'll be 9 weeks on wednesday. Still getting bleeds - so its hard to relax. First OB appointment is this Tues and I'm going to ask about reducing the meds - in particular the progesterone pessaries which I'm blaming for the bleeds - I think they're irritating my cervix (given the cervix is shut where else is the bleeding coming from!?!?). And I'm sure the oestrogen tablets are contributing to the morning sickness - or to be more accurate the "feel like absolute $hite all day" sickness . I feel very ungrateful, and I'm really not, its just that feeling this bad, for this long, wears you down. And those stupid pessaries, using that many a day makes such a mess. I've been wearing a pad (disgusting things) for 9 weeks now. I'm so over it. I feel sick, and dirty. Bleh! Anyhoo, enough whinging from me! Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly70

so good to see you back! I'm back to FS on Thursday to start my needles so will be only a week behind you!

so good to see everyone travelling well