Closed Thread
Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Hi ladies, absolutely gutted to get a text from the clinic today to say that we'll be doing a freeze all this cycle as my progesterone is too high. So epu on thurs but no transfer.
    Oh Chiefs that's devastating! I'm so sorry bella And they sent that via text message? Maybe it's just me - but I kinda think that news deserved a phone call. Got my fingers crossed you get some beautiful sparkly snow babies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey babyhope - I wasn't told to bed rest, in fact they said I could fly home that day if I wanted, but I decided to self prescribe a couple of days of couch time that worked last time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Vix, hope this is the one !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (16-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Chiefs that is so disappointing, big hugs to you. Still some hope though right, for EPU then potential frozen embryos for next month?
    Yep they will still do epu, fertilise them and then freeze everything. Won't be allowed to do fet till June!
    @Vixjc yeah, I got a text, then it took 3.5hrs for me to get through to a nurse to talk about it! Aaaaggggh that's what you get for going not for profit!

Have resigned myself to it now, it's out of my hands anyway! Just bummed I paid for intralipids on the weekend and it's now not needed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs - a not for profit ivf clinic, really?? Isn't that a massive oxymoron?
    Hope you feel a little better today.

Vix - are you home now lovely and how are you feeling?

Hels, any updates?

From me - Easter Thursday and still no more donor profiles, I've just emailed her which she will love I asked them not to send any more profiles through if they are over 40 so I may be waiting a little longer now I guess. Still gunning for May 1, cross all your digits for me ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

Well we had EPU yesterday. 5 were collected, then the call from the lab 4 were viable to inject (the 5th was an empty shell).

Call this morning, 3 fertilized and transfer is tomorrow at 9.20am (day 2 transfer).

Getting nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - nearly 16 weeks now and starting to get terrible migraines and back pain already. The first trimester seemed to be a breeze compared to this ! The doc said panadol is safe to take but I'm seeing how long I go until I take one ! I think ill end up taking one. My next scan is not until the 28th now they don't do them as often. Kelly I hope you get done more donors quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, yes westmead in Sydney is not for profit, so out of pocket for first cycle is 1400, subsequent cycles in the same year it's only 290 out of pocket, but things are done slightly differently.

That wd seriously be annoying me with the donor situation!

Fingerscrossed that's a great fert rate. Good luck for tmw.

Boo for feeling bad helsbaby, hope you feel better soon.

AFM, epu today and we got 7 eggs! Will get a text tmw with fert rates then they're in the freezer till June.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingerscrossed - that's a great fert great! hope this is the magic cycle for yoou!

Chiefs - June will come before you know it I guess not for profit has to have some downsides, but I still think there is some news that can come by text i.e. good news, and other less good news that should come by phone. Although I think some of the 'for profit' clinics can be just as insensitive!

Helsbaby - gosh that's rough! And everyone says the second trimester is the one where you feel good. Take care of yourself and bubs!

Kelly - Yay you for setting some boundaries! I think that by pushing back and setting some clear boundaries you are more likely to get what you're after - and maybe even sooner so that they can get you off their back You go girl!

AFM - I'm home sweet home The dogs got so excited - was so cute! I had a rotten time trying to do my 3rd pregnyl injection myself last night (I don't think the jetlag helped!). I've never had to open those little vials before, I broke two and got broken glass in the powder AND cut my hand before I finally got on youtube for instructions I hope that stuff is not too expensive here because I'll have to buy more if I get a BFP ... I'm starting to get more nervous about this not working ... I'm still getting mild cramping on and off, but that could be the progesterone ... My boobs aren't as big as they were at this stage last time - but last time I had been careless with my diet and had put on weight while on the steroids and was on almost triple the progesterone dose so that could explain it ... I keep thinking to myself 'They put three in! Surely one of them has to stick!" Both my transfers have stuck previously so if it didn't stick this time it would be the first time. Then I worry that maybe my progesterone dose should be higher given the last clinic had me taking about 12-16/day last time .... but Serum checked it, and gave me the progesgterone injections to use if the next blood test shows its too low ... Arrgh! this stuff does your head in!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (18-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc breathe! Have you downloaded the meditation tracks? I'm sure you'll get a stickie one in there!

Yes, next time I'm going to say no to a text! Although I got a text this morn to say 5 out of 7 have fertilised and are on I've, I'm happy with that.