Closed Thread
Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just called monash ivf and they have 24 donors on their books currently, I mean wtf. Called melb ivf back and spoke to the donor management nurse (who I could tell was slightly miffed I had followed her up - even though she said tues that it would only be another day or two before something else came up) and expressed my concerns and that I may need to switch to monash due to them having a bigger donor list. She explained something about process and how monash basically let anyone in to be a sperm donor and that melb have more rigor around applying, that maybe only 1 in every 10 get through whereas at monash, they all might get through.

She also told me that donors get freed up or something from other people who are using them and become available again and that happens quite regularly and that that's what she is waiting for with me.

She also told me that I have basically a nil chance of getting my donor mgement fee back.

Does anyone know if there are any regulating bodies around ART and the ivf clinics that one can complain to?

I really can't afford to lose 2k and switch to monash and start over.. I'm doing this on my own and it's financially tough enough as it is.

I just have a bad feeling that they won't have anything decent for me before my cycle starts in early May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kelly70 sorry I can't help with DE. It does sound like you are getting the run around though! Maybe try searching the donor egg forums on here? They might have some information?

AFM - first scan this morning and I have three follies on the right 15,13,10 with a cple behind at 8mm and 2 on the left at 13mm with one at 8mm and one at 6mm.

Another scan on Monday and epu will probably be Wednesday or Thursday next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Chiefs, not DE, it's donor sperm I'm after, should be a whole lot simpler than DE in theory

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I'm not sure why the donor management fee is 2K ? I only paid 100 dollars as a management fee and that was a once off payment no matter how many times I cycled. What's included in that 2K ? I hope you can start soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes actually $1800 Hels - hearing you only paid 100 makes me even crosser! I think melb ivf are perhaps something of an evil money making machine

It gets me enough from the one donor to take me through 4 cycles, that's it! I'm sure if I asked why the fee was so hefty they'd give me some explanation about their thorough recruitment process etc

Actually monash charge you per cycle and it's around 600 a cycle a think. So it must be done differently in Sydney!! How much roughly were you out of pocket per cycle - it's about 4k here once Medicare have refunded.

Anyway they've sent me 3 more donors today and only one is a "maybe". The other two were over 40, one was 48 or something!! But it's a little better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Hey Chiefs, not DE, it's donor sperm I'm after, should be a whole lot simpler than DE in theory
    Whoops sorry, my sleep deprived brain obviously wasn't working this morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly - I'm outraged on your behalf! I'll bet the spiel about Monash taking whoever walks in is bollocks too ... But you're right, hard to walk away from $2000 - can't see why it's not refundable either - where is the inconvenience/loss to them if you back out? Except profit of course. Have you called city fertility? A friend of mine was going to go through them for a sperm donor and she was happy with them - in fact for this cycle I've been using dr Anne Poliness who is one of theirs and she's been great. If another clinic can do it for way cheaper then maybe it won't smart so much?

AFM - just had my first appt at Serum, they were so friendly, so kind, so professional - I'm just amazed! They did a scan and an aquascan and everything is perfect. The clinic director supervised the scan and talked me through the whole thing and showed me everything on screen, and I know this is weird - but the Doctor was hot They gave me tonnes of info and structure which is just what I need - it was all so personal and compassionate! But the best bit, we've got 12 embies!!! 12!!!!! I can't stop smiling I'm gonna crank up my iPod and dance a jig round the apartment
    Last edited by Vixjc; 11-04-2014 at 22:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly I paid $100 management fee once off, then $800 to use the sperm per cycle and there was no rebate on that. I was about 3.5k out of pocket each cycle. I didn't think it was that bad but it does add up after a few cycles. If there are a couple of good potentials to use it would be good to start your cycle this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I have my egg collection today, dr said 12 egg were collected. I feel pain on my stomach now, anyone feel the same?

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby hope View Post
    Hi all,

I have my egg collection today, dr said 12 egg were collected. I feel pain on my stomach now, anyone feel the same?

thanks
    Congrats on 12 eggs! That's great numbers! Not surprising you've got some stomach pain now - your ovaries have copped a battering today and will be a little swollen. A heat pack, some Panadol and Gatorade are your friend ... But if it starts being more than a menstrual cramp ache type feeling, listen to your gut instincts you've had a big day - well done you!