Closed Thread
Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Kelly happy browsing ? That definitely sounds like you got "the call"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Helsbaby.... Well & truly into the 2nd (& best in my opinion) trimester.. Enjoy it!

Kelly70....I'm very eager to hear if your number has been called! FX you get in touch with the nurse ASAP!

AFM - I had EPU this morning. 6 eggs were collected but the embryologist just called to say 3 were immature so only 3 were ICSI'd.... Find out fertilisation rates tomorrow. I suppose those numbers are ok for us. I'm not too upset, let's put it that way... (Is there a 'raised eyebrows' emoticon?)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Hels and Rice..

Okay, so I had the list sent through to me and I feel terrible (and disappointed) but none of the 4 possibilities are good choices for me, for various reasons. One of them is 50 for example, I would have thought they would cap the age for men donating! With my age and old eggs working against me I need young and virile!! I've let the clinic know and now just waiting to find out how long I have to wait before they can send me new ones through. Feeling a bit gutted as I wanted this to tie in with my next cycle at the start of may.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And rice - I'd be pretty happy with 3 fertilized, fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice, I had varying egg collection and fertilisation results in my cycles, ranging from 8 fertilised to only 1 fertilised and the worst collection cycle (one fertilised and transferred) was the one that worked. Thus, I don't believe it's a numbers game, its just about when the right egg will drop.

Kelly, only 4 donors ? I'm with you on the 50 year old, I avoided them too. I was lucky I was lucky to get a 21 year old American. Which clinic are you with again ? I know ivfa is affiliated with other clinics in AU and they share databases. I'm surprised there are only 4 donors. I hope they get some more Americans, I find their profiles are more complete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ricecracker, I know it's hard, but 3 really is good. As that saying goes it only takes 1.
    @Kelly70 I agree with both you and helsbaby, 50 is a bit old! Hopefully it's not too long a wait till you get one that suits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels I'm with melbourne ivf - and I thought they would have had much better options on hand. There were 6 donors but 2 of them were non-Caucasian and I'm looking for the same ethnicity as me. I'm bummed I've already handed over nearly 2k to them for this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kelly that's so disappointing! I can only imagine how frudtrated you are! It's such an important decision, you don't want to have to compromise on the donor... Do you know whether the other clinics (Monash / City Fertility) have a better range (cos I think Monash doesn't have a wait list so you might get going faster)? You could explore that option if its possible to cancel at Melb IVF and get your dosh back ... I'm so frsutrated in your behalf!!!!

AFM - I had my second scan today, and my lining is 9.4 - woohoo! I'm so relieved - and so pleased I decided to follow the meds plan that I knew worked for my lining, rather than something new - that was such a big deal for me to not follow the clinics advice cos I always do what I'm told!!! ... 1 sleep till my donor has her EPU, 2 sleeps till I fly out 6 sleeps till transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in, as some of u know from my earlier post ill now be cycling in may - hurry up lol
    Helsbaby, 14 weeks already hope the rest if your pregnancy goes nice and smooth
    Ricecracker, hope u get good fert rates tomorrow gl
    Kelly sorry to hear u haven't been given many options, did they say how long u might need to wait? Hang in there, things will work out
    Vixjc that's great to hear, how long will you spend in Greece? Will u be getting donor embryos or donor eggs. Gl with everything x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Booboo - I am doing a donor cycle ... my donor is only 20! That's some young eggs I'm getting!! I will be gone for about 1 week. Just want to get over there and settle in ... but sooooo much work to get done before I leave, not sure how I'm gonna fit it in!