Closed Thread
Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have been really strict in previous cycles, now we just go with the flow (less stress that way) DP cuts out alcohol & minimum coffee now (decaf if she has to) - have done acupuncture previously, prior to this cycle we started seeing a naturopath and she has been imitating a walking bill bottle lol. We also did a 3 week detox earlier in the year which sort of taught us what doesnt agree with us and we have either cut it completely or cut down.

Quote Originally Posted by ricecracker View Post
    Chiefsgirl- scan is tomorrow morning (this Thursday) - and there are 2 each side, so hopefully 4 in total..

Just curious - & apologies if I have missed this conversation already - but I am doing acupuncture this round...first time... And following the acupuncturist's diet of no gluten, no dairy, no caffeine and no alcohol.... What is everyone else doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ricecracker, my first few rounds I didnt have alcohol, caffeine, sift drink. I wore socks to keep my feel warm, ate brazil nuts?, had accupucture, ate the centre of pineapple for the bromoline (sp?) and followed all kinds of suggestions... this round I did the opposite. I drank coke, no socks, no accupuncture, no nuts, no pineapple. Just relaxed and enjoyed myself. I know part of it is luck and part science but you have to do with what feels right for you.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've battled with this lifestyle stuff a little since preparing for ivf - I am reasonably active and eat a mostly organic diet, but still eat dairy and wheat, gave up caffeine 6 months ago, gave up wine in feb this year but was a little miserable not having an occasional glass or two so allowed myself back on it. I don't drink all week but if I fancy a red on the weekend, so be it! Good for the soul and I'm happier - this ttc stuff is stressful enough without putting additional pressure on to be perfect (how I see it anyway). I'm only 4 weeks away from my first cycle so will quit wine now and through the cycle.

I did acupuncture for a few months but don't like it one bit (and I've always been heavily into natural therapies so it was a surprise! I'm jumped up on vitex, pre-natals, vit d, q10, fish oil, herbal tincture twice a day and I have a regular yoga practice and meditate.

I agree Megs, you do what feels right for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ricecracker, how did your scan go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree you have to do what feels right. This is the first cycle I have done anything in terms of diet and lifestyle - but I normally run (quite a lot) and FS has always asked that I stop that during cycles.. So I am almost happy to do something else! I also self-prescribed (+ DH) the list of vitamins and supplements that the girls who see Warren De Ambrosia in QLD say he asks them & their DHs to take (he seems pro-active and very helpful! I haven't actually ever spoken to him - I'm in Sydney). We initially had to do icsi due to MFI, however, my egg numbers and quality have both significantly declined since our first, successful cycle.
    Kelly70- I miss the wine the most! Terrible, I know

Chiefsgirl - thanks for asking.... Happy to say that one side has 4 follicles (2 large & 2 smaller) and the other side had 7!! Again only 2 large - but that is still a great number for me. May not get that many eggs, I know... But a brief ray of sunshine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post
    @ricecracker, my first few rounds I didnt have alcohol, caffeine, sift drink. I wore socks to keep my feel warm, ate brazil nuts?, had accupucture, ate the centre of pineapple for the bromoline (sp?) and followed all kinds of suggestions... this round I did the opposite. I drank coke, no socks, no accupuncture, no nuts, no pineapple. Just relaxed and enjoyed myself. I know part of it is luck and part science but you have to do with what feels right for you.

I was wondering how I missed your positive POAS post then checked and saw you've mostly been on the other March thread. CONGRATS I am so happy for you! How did your bt go on Thursday??? We cycled together last year, I'm so happy you have finally got there, whoohoooooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl, thanks for thinking of me, I still read this thread cause we have cycled together :-). A few of the girls id cyced with were on the other march thread as well so I ended up mostly there.
    I cant believe our luck has final list y changed... I know its still super early and the odds arent great in the early stages, but its the very first time ive been pregnant in over 4 years of trying. I did my own beta at work on monday evening (8dp5dt) and it was 215, then I called monash and asked if I could move my offical beta to wed instead of thurs (which they were happy to do). At 11dp5dt in the morning my beta was 392. Not quite double, but close, and it hadnt been 48hrs. Now I just want it to stick around. I have my 1st scan on the 24th.

Wishing you all sticky baby dust. I know this journey is sooo hard. But there is always hope, and it does work :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megsarama - I missed your bfp too... Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. They are great numbers. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, 14 weeks now and getting bigger. Kelly70 how long to go now ?
    Congratulations Megs on your BFP, how is everyone else going ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels, yay for 14 weeks!! You are totally my inspiration!

I'm at work fretting a little as I just missed a phonecall from the sperm donor nurse and now I can't get hold of her. I'm guessing my number has come up, come on ring me back!