Closed Thread
Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly my cycles were all done last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsbaby View Post
    Vix, do you get to chose the age of your egg donor ?
    No I don't, but they only use donors that are 30 or younger, and usually the donors have already had their families. We got to put in "preferences" (and then they select the donor), so we said similar physical characteristics to me and sporty/academic would be good (I have a total fear of having a fantastically artistic/dramatic child and I would be totally overwhelmed, but little athletics and spelling bee's I can manage! ). It's funny chosing photos to send over to help them choose a donor - I was only picking photos where I looked FABULOUS! ... and thin . They have mainly Greek, Polish and Ukraine donors, I'm not sure if we'll find out about her nationality ... but she's met DH now, and he's Greek ... would be great to have a Greek donor, they have such awesome hair!

Apparently our donor meets all our criteria. They have a back up donor too, these are often first time donors. So even though they've picked our donor we haven't got specific info about her yet because it may be that if it doesn't go to plan with the primary donor we get the back up donor ... Apparently because Penny, the clinic director knows all the donors personally, she is able to give more info than just the stats, like personality and stuff. I hope so!

Getting excited now. April can't come fast enough!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I am jumping back into ICSI for our second go.

I am 43 - only 2 months away from 44 (when did that happen??) - so I am crossing my fingers this will be our lucky cycle.

From our first attempt last December we got 6 eggs, 5 fert, 2 transferred and were good enough to freeze. Unfortunately we had a chem, which was both good and bad (good that it kinda worked, and sad that it didn't). I know the first cycle is the 'tester', so I was just really happy that everything seems to be working - now we just have to make it stick!

We did our first attempt in Darwin, but have now moved to Tassie so will be using the TAS IVF clinic. They do things a bit different down here and they are are certainly cheaper

Today I have started on the Syranel nasal spray. Hopefully that will not be as bad as I have heard. Tomorrow I start the Gonal F injections start.

I cannot believe the amount of medications some of you are on?!?!

Sorry to see some of you ladies still here. But here we go again............let's hope it's a great 2014 for all of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix - getting closer for both of us now! Super excited.

Dee01, that's fantastic to have that result on your first try (although a shame it didn't quite take).. At least you now know everything 'works' and you can get pregnant. At nearly 44 that's very encouraging and gives me some hope too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

dee01  (20-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know Kelly - it's racing towards us now! I fly out three weeks tomorrow. In fact I start my meds somewhere between this Thursday and Friday of next week (as soon as my donor has Day 1) - so soon!!! To be honest - I'm going to start getting a little stressed now. Until I know my lining is thick enough I'm going to be quite nervous - my trip last time was nearly cancelled due to my lining being too thin, so I'll be happy once I know it's thick enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long to go now Kelly and Vix, Ill be waiting for your positive news. I'm just waiting now. Ill be 12 weeks on Saturday. Most of the nausea has gone now, I'm eating like a horse as a result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hels! I'll have been on the donor wait list for 5 weeks tomorrow. Dum de dum. Not that I'm counting... MUCH!
    12 weeks yay, nearly there! When's your next scan? Glad the nausea has levelled out, you must be relieved. How are your tiredness levels?

Vix posted you a reply to the lining stress on the other thread. Big hugs to you, try to stay chilled if you can. Easier said than done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helsbaby - it must be so hard waiting for that 12 week mark! It's like you want to go to sleep and just wake up when its safe and miss the scary boring slow waiting in between...

Kelly we need to get this done - the waiting is doing my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooo tired of waiting vix! Had a refresher nurse apt today where we went over the cycle (antagonist, definitely), the drugs (Gonal-f: 350 iu, Antagonist, trigger etc) and how to give the shots etc and I am just so ready to get stuck in now.
    The needle for the FSH looked a little longer than I remembered!
    I think I'm about 3 weeks away from getting access to the donor database.

Still having minor freakouts about managing as a sole parent should any of this work out. Up and down moments, Hels I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm so ready to do this but there is still an element of grieving for the fact my first choice would have been to do this within the context of a loving relationship. Life's pretty nuts at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, was told to check out this thread as I've just started another FET cycle. Nothing much going on as it is a natural cycle so just monitoring through bloods and US. I'm expecting transfer to be around the beginning of April.