Closed Thread
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay helsbaby, I'm glad it went well!

Vixjc the saizen is a human growth hormone and is supposed to help with the quality of the eggs. I think it def made a difference in my last cycle. THAt one was an antagonist (I think) or an agonist (I can never remember which one) essentially a short cycle, but my FS thinks the best type if cycle is the long down for me, so I'm on the bcp. Who would think you 'd be on the pill when trying to get pregnant!

Wow, what a flying visit! You'll be about a week ahead of me. I have calculated epu to be about 16 April and hopefully will get a 5dt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helsbaby so relieved your scan went well - nearly there!! You must be gaining more hope with every week that passes. And yes you are a shining example of the fact it CAN happen! What's the harmony prenatal test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, it's a new blood test that is used to test for trisomies like Downs etc, its just a blood test and can be done at anytime after 10 weeks. The OB told me they are using this now instead as it gives you more accuracy than the NT scan. They send your bloods to the states for analysis and takes 2 weeks to get the results. More waiting ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Yay helsbaby,
    Vixjc the saizen is a human growth hormone and is supposed to help with the quality of the eggs. I think it def made a difference in my last cycle. THAt one was an antagonist (I think) or an agonist (I can never remember which one) essentially a short cycle, but my FS thinks the best type if cycle is the long down for me, so I'm on the bcp. Who would think you 'd be on the pill when trying to get pregnant!

Wow, what a flying visit! You'll be about a week ahead of me. I have calculated epu to be about 16 April and hopefully will get a 5dt!
    Ahhh! I was on Omnitrope (human growth hormone) on cycle 6 - cost a bomb ... dunno what it was for, at that point I'd got a bit over it all, just did as I was told. Made no difference to my cycle outcome. Would that have been similar to Saizen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels, is that the relatively expensive non invasive test that is unsubsidised here? Does it replace the amnio/cvs testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @vixcj yep it's the same as omnitrope. Funny thing I was on the Facebook page of the immune girls the other day and they were talking about another growth hormone called scitropin a that they took. When I investigated it, to see if my FS would let me have that, I found out the dose it came in (prefilled syringe) was less hgh than the amount I am on (I mix mine in the btl the powder comes in), so it seems. It all FS prescribe the same doses, which might be why some see effects and some don't.
    @Kelly70, yes from what I have heard there are a cpl of new blood tests out that mean you get answers earlier and don't need to do amnio/cvs, but yes, not covered by Medicare and $$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, yes it replaces amnio exactly. The body has gone down a bit to $575 but it's still not subsidized unfortunately. My OB steered me in that direction to avoid amnio etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Avoiding an amnio would be great for peace of mind, that's awesome. I'd definitely be going down that path too, subsidized or not. Fingers crossed it all comes back clear Hels. You're pretty calm about this so far, it's inspiring.

Actually I was wondering too - how long do you girls give yourself in between cycles.. A month? Over what timeframe did you have your 4 cycles Hels?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The time for me between cycles has depended. When the cycle was cancelled, I would do cycles back to back, on the two occasions I had EPU, first one was an exctopic pregnancy so there was a couple of months between that cycle and when I could do my next one. Second EPU I was told to wait one month, which I understand is pretty standard because the ovaries have to recover from being punctured to get the eggs at EPU, but I have heard of girls doing back to back cycles when they've had an EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to take a months break between cycles then back into it. I am concerned about the blood test results but I guess we go in with a statistical high risk at our age. Time will tell, only a week and a half to go. I'm trying to keep busy. Vix, do you get to chose the age of your egg donor ?