Closed Thread
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1021
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Girls!! You won't believe this - that fat little egg fertilized. No idea on quality or anything yet, nurses couldn't tell me anything other than that it had fertilized. And no phonecall - I just got a text from the clinic with my scheduled apt with FS tomorrow at 9:30am, which i guess will be embryo transfer! WTF I don't believe it.
    Wonderful news, so pleased for you! fx 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hum, Sonia Kruger pregnant at 48, turning 49.. Through ivf. Has to be egg donation? If so I hope she comes out and admits it as these stories are what trick some women into believing you can leave this fertility caper to much later in life.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-08-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-08-2014),Jem70  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hum, Sonia Kruger pregnant at 48, turning 49.. Through ivf. Has to be egg donation? If so I hope she comes out and admits it as these stories are what trick some women into believing you can leave this fertility caper to much later in life.
    Yeah I saw that - has to be egg donation or maybe even embryo donation. I read she's done years of IVF and had a fee miscarriages. Cheered me up to read that she's finally getting there, good on her. You can just imagine what she and her husband have been through to get to this point, must have taken epic strength to get to this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it's beautiful news for her definitely - hoping she is honest and doesn't pretend it's a natural miracle, unless it was. What are the chances I wonder of an ivf birth using own eggs at 48?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yep it's beautiful news for her definitely - hoping she is honest and doesn't pretend it's a natural miracle, unless it was. What are the chances I wonder of an ivf birth using own eggs at 48?
    Somewhere between buckleys and none - unless she froze a whole batch like ten years ago...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chances are less than 1% - I'm sure I've read that no Australian clinic has ever had a live birth with own eggs over 45.
    Very happy for her, but I'm going to find it very hard to believe if they say it's her egg. I understand it's no one else's business but if you are in the public eye you have a responsibility to educate the next generation on how hard this is over 40.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-08-2014),Kelly70  (24-08-2014),ourbradybunch  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree with that too, she may have gone OS to do egg donation I've just read the article in the Sunday paper and there is no mention of donor egg. Most celebs usually hide it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsbaby View Post
    Yes I agree with that too, she may have gone OS to do egg donation I've just read the article in the Sunday paper and there is no mention of donor egg. Most celebs usually hide it.
    Hi, just thread jumping , but as someone pregnant through DE at 42, after years of ivf, now that I'm here I see that info as my kids to share if they want, not mine. I used to think celebs should share/disclose, but now that I'm in the same boat I've changed my mind... I'm lucky I don't have New Idea stalking me!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's an excellent point Emski - and I hadn't considered it from that angle. Thanks for providing some perspective. At the end of the day, the priority should be doing the best thing possible by the child in question - this applies to all donor conceived children, egg or sperm.

I guess I just hope that someone in their late 30s doesn't read about Sonia and think, if she can do it with her own eggs at 48, surely I can too. I know I was personally a little influenced by certain people in the public eye who were pregnant well into their 40s, when I was younger and knew nothing about fertility.

I guess at the end of the day, women should step up and educate themselves, I think this already is starting to happen to be honest, with the next generation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I'm very vocal with all the girls I work with who are approaching mid 30s about freezing their eggs - they probably think I'm mad!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app