Closed Thread
Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And BooBoo I am on cd4 currently so our cycles are pretty close!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe ask your clinic Kelly, u might be fine. Depending on how your cycles r u might be the week before but then all depends on how u respond. Im sure I've heard of other clinics doing EPU/ET any day, guess just depends on clinic. I worked out as I have 31 day cycles id roughly be at EPU maybe week of 21st, I would go ahead if clinic worked as normal but as they prob won't I just don't want to risk it, especially being my 3rd cycle, don't need anything else in the way right now!
    Last edited by Booboo78; 11-03-2014 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Booboo78 last time my FS had trouble working out what my dose of saizen should be as it's relatively new and she had never used it before. Apparently there isn't a lot of info out there on what the recommended dose is for ivf. Then they had trouble sourcing it. But they got there in the end. For some reason the clinic is refusing to get it for me this time and now I'm having trouble sourcing it!

I called one pharmacy and their stock another brand of hgh but the dose is different. Yet another chemist doesn't have an account with the company that supplies it so I''my waiting to see if they can even get it in! I just wish it wasn't so hard all the time.

Timing wise it looks like I'm going to be going for epu on wed 17 April with transfer over the Easter weekend! Last year my clinic transferred for me on sat (3dt), I've since gotten enough eggs to grow out to 5dt so it'll be interesting to see if they'll do a transfer on Easter Monday for me!

Oh and I'm cd5 so our cycles are very close together. Kelly70 depending on what protocol you are on it doesn't really matter how long your cycles are normally. You'll be on drugs to stop you ovulating, so if you normally ovulate on cd15 you won't when in a cycle, not till you take the trigger injection. So your epu will essentially be your ovulation date and then you'll have your tww from there. It was hard for me the first time because i had the date in my mind that AF was to arrive and when she didn't I thought it had worked, but when my tww was up it hadn't.
    Last edited by Chiefsgirl; 12-03-2014 at 08:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will be interesting to hear what my FS says about the Saizen. Hope it works out ok getting it, must be frustrating. Is it $1500 or something?
    Fx we all get some great embies, I'm so anxious for this next round I'm still yet to get to transfer
    Have been on dhea/melatonin for a while now hoping that will help as well as Coq10

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time it cost nearly $2k for 12 days worth, so it is very expensive!

I've been on 600mg of coq10 for 3 months, but just switched to ubiquinol which apparently absorbs better. Have been on dhea for a cpl of months and only just found a place overseas to order melatonin without a script as my drs say to just use the one over the counter, but everything I've read say that's useless.

Good luck, it's so nerve racking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is
    I'm on 300mg of coq10 I take the Swiss brand which is a bit pricey.
    Haven't heard of ubiquinol I'll have to look that up
    Melatonin makes u sleep well that's for sure, what's the one over the counter called?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's still called melatonin, just has less active ingredients than when you get it by script.

I'm glad it helps you sleep as I'll be on steroids this time round which apparently make it hard to get to sleep!

Clinic called back and gave me the name of a chemist that sells the saizen to other patients, don't know why they couldn't have done that yesterday! Although she did say she was surprised other chemists had said they couldn't get it in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your scan today @Helsbaby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl scan went well today baby has changed so much in 2 weeks but its so strange to see it moving around already ! I then went and did the harmony prenatal screening test straight after so now I've got another 2 weeks to wait for the results ! More waiting .... Good luck with everyone's upcoming cycles ... It can happen ....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow Chiefs girl - the Saizen is pricey! What does it do? I hope you've had a better day today.

Kelly - I do pretty much fly in, receive a transfer and fly out. I think my donor starts meds end Mar, then she'll have EPU about the time of my flight to Greece (I arrive there on 10 Apr) or maybe even a couple of days before. Then in the 7 days I'm there I receive the trasnfer on whatever day the embies are 5 day blasties ...

I had hot flushes today (Bleh!!) - a side effect from the Zolodex and apparently a good sign that I'm down regulated. I have the next injection on Monday. I'll get the Dr to refer me for a BT so I can be sure ...
    I didn't realise clinics don't do EPU's every day? Monash does them every day but Sunday and over xmas I think.