Closed Thread
Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single.

Hey All,

This is my first post, hoping it's okay to just start my own thread.

I'm starting my first round of IVF in April 2014 and I'm doing it on my own

I'm single, after a string of long term-ish relationships that ultimately just did not work out. I've always wanted a child, but just never quite found the right person..

I fell pregnant naturally at 42, completely unexpectedly (I had just ended the relationship) and despite the shock of finding myself in a position where I was going to be a single mother, I was overjoyed. Devastated when I had a MMC at 11 weeks

So here I am at 43 & 3 months, still hopeful IVF may get me over the line. My body knows how to get pregnant, but I know this will be a rollercoaster, in every sense. I have incredible support around me in the form of family and friends and I am strong.

I have a counselling apt on Monday and will go on a waiting list for sperm donor after that. The wait currently (Melbourne IVF) is 10-12 weeks, I have been told. So I am not sure entirely when i will get to start my first cycle. I am hoping to manage 3 cycles before I turn 44. Beyond 44 I will give up.

I have really good bloodwork, FSH is 5.2 and everything else perfect but my AMH is super low. I'm in excellent health, reasonably active, eat really well.

I know my chances are really slim at 43 but I need to try and do this.

I'd love to hear from any over 40s going through IVF, anyone who might like to be a cycle buddy when I do start (prob Mar - April) or just from anyone really, who can relate to anything I've said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly and welcome! Come and join us on the IVF 40+ thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...er-40-8/page88 I would like to, if my FS agrees, to do another stim in late Feb/ early March, so our cycles may overlap somewhere.

Wishing you the best for your upcoming cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolute best of luck to you. You'll find lots of support from amazing women on the hub.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you SpringRain I will definitely join you all there. Can I repost my little story as an introduction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kelly and gl, sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I will prob be joining u for our next round around the same time as you. Great bunch of women here who r very supportive of this whole roller coaster, they make u feel very welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou BooBoo78! I'd really love to be in contact with someone going through a cycle at the same time as me. Will this be your 2nd cycle?

I can't imagine what it will be like going through injections and all of it alone. I have one of my best friends enlisted to stay with me for a couple of weeks when it's happening. And an over eager mum keen to be involved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, I'm at the younger end of the ivf spectrum, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you've got a great support system in place which will do you the world of good on this crazy journey.

When you get going with the injections I found the best thing to do is visualize that precious baby in your arms. Even now at 30 weeks I need daily injections for a blood clotting disorder and that image still gets me through each one :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be round 3 for us Kelly, very anxious about it. I was worried about the injections at first but they r not so bad, u get used to them, the worst part for me was the waiting after EPU. U will get through it, just take 1 day at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly,

I won't be cycling. But I just wanted to say good luck!

Just to give you a little reassurance. I was 43 when I conceived with IVF, and I had just turned 44 when my beautiful DS was born. So it can be done.

You will love the over 40's thread. You will be in such supportive company.

MrsP...
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 02-02-2014 at 00:53.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-05-2014),Gagingi  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kelly and welcome to bubhub!
    I know you will find this community an absolute godsend, I dont think I could have completed my 3 cycles without all the support, knowledge and warmth of the girls here. As much as it sucks that we are all here and going through this roller coaster, its nice to have others who get it.
    I know we are not in the same situation exactly but I will be cycling at the same time and id love to be a cycle buddy with you :-) I recently changed to monash ivf and this will be my 3rd stim cycle, I start the pill when af arrives and should be at epu the week of the 17th of march (if all goes to plan).
    Im sorry you have had a rough time in the relationship department but im a midwife and I have seen so many women come through as single mums and do such an amazing job and im so glad your following your dreams.
    And im so sorry for your loss, but you are right, your body knows what to do which is a good thing. I wish my body would work out how to do it! Lol.

Come on march!