+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What are your 5 year old's interests?

I'm looking for inspiration for my 5 year old DD who for the first time in her life seems to be at a loose end.

She does like to draw, and will often do lego.

She is just starting school (as of yesterday), so maybe it's just down to being ready for school, but I'm still interested if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm wondering she is outgrowing the toys we have and if I am making sure she has enough of a challenge as it is very unusual for her to be bored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has just turned 6, so has just done her first year of full time school. What I found was that before she started school she would do so much craft, art, role play, playing with toys etc and I felt like I needed to get her lots to keep her stimulated. When she started school though, firstly she didn't have any where near as much time and secondly, her activities changed quite a bit. For example she went through a phase where she just wanted to write all the time, so would come home and get out pens and lines paper and 'write' letters to mum and dad etc. Lots of her baby teddies etc got used to play 'schools', so she used her old toys, but in new ways. The library is a good resource at this age, especially if they loan out puzzles too.

The other thing you will find is the 'peer pressure'. I would hold off getting anything new now, wait a month or 2 as no doubt she'll be coming home asking why she doesn't have 28 My Little Ponies or Angry Birds on the iPad like aaaaallllll her friends do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Stretched, that is really helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    miss 5.5 has been in school for half a year and she does a lot f after school activities that she loves (drama,swim,dance,clay) at home she loves anything craft, drawing, playing with Polly pockets, barbies etc, imaginative play, Lego she doesn't let home from school until 4 when she doesn't have an activity so she's pretty happy to relax and play whn home