+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cleaning this peg Perego high chair - how do you do it?

Does anyone else have this high chair and have any tips on getting it clean? I swear I spend 30+ minutes cleaning it every day and it's still gross. I've just chucked the shoulder and crotch straps in the washing machine, but what about the lap straps that don't come off? And what about that groove on the tray that's in front of the babies belly? I can partially clean it out by running a tooth pick or skewer along it but sometimes that pushes food into the tray, is there some way of pulling the tray apart? If it wasn't such an expensive chair I'd take it to the tip and get a cheap, easy to clean one from Ikea...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391115857.104873.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the love n care techno which is the same. I honestly hate it! I use my dyson in all of the grooves of the seat once the food is dry. Then I wipe it down with warm soapy water. I am watching gumtree for a secondhand ikea chair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    High chair covers! I loved that high chair but with BLW it was always filthy so I bought covers and just washed them after ever meal - the straps are painful and you just have to be diligent in cleaning them after every meal ! ( I also used catch bibs to make it less messy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's why I love my ikea one . Hose dose and it's ready to go . Good luck .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a similar highchair. Well worth it and the mess I say, much better for support for bubs while learning to eat.
    You know what I make my DH do...high pressure hose every so often! Seriously...take it outside, if you have one high pressure hose in all the nooks and crannys....let dry outside in the sun!
    Comes up like new!!

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a chicco and I haye it for the same reasons. I mainly bought it because I wanted one that adjustes to table height for when bubs becomes a toddler. I wish I had bought a cheapie.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same one and It can be hard to clean, I got a knife and popped the tray apart a fraction to clean the front. Only other thing you could do is get a washable high chair cover? I'm going to look for one if these.

We had the ikea chair but from 6-7 months my DS was trying to escape and would rock it from side to side and nearly tipped it over. It didn't seem very comfy either, great for cleaning though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I have a chicco and I haye it for the same reasons. I mainly bought it because I wanted one that adjustes to table height for when bubs becomes a toddler. I wish I had bought a cheapie.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ha me too. I've bought a standard fold up one now. I can take it outside and chuck a bucket of water over it to wash.

DS was/still is a vomiter and I'd be taking the cover off and washing that thing at least once a day. I've got better things to do with my time

Thanks
    Reviews
    My SIL had one and did just that. Chucked it and got an ikea one
    The padding cracked in hers and she ended up with maggots....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had the ikea one as a spare and I think its unsafe, DS could easily tip it over so I rarely used it , for us yes the peg was harder to clean but better for DS and a lot more comfortable