+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my child stole my phone and accidentally posted.
    Last edited by jb23; 01-02-2014 at 17:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't offer any advice re termination as I've never been I. A place with a need to consider it.
    But I can comment on your DD having siblings just 2 months apart. I have. A brother and sister 4 weeks apart. It is bloody confusing to explain, but not as much now as complex families becomes more common, but she will be fine! It will be her normal. She won't find anything odd about it unless people literally point it out to her. My brother and sister ended up in the same school for year 11&12 and even shared classes. I found that odd, but they did not. They after all aren't actually related!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KyD For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    There is no evidence that a straight forward abortion will have any effect on future fertility.
    I know that
    My point was what if in 12 months she struggles to get pregnant, not because she has terminated but just because for her & her partner it isn't as straightforward as she expects. After 3 successful pregnancies with my ex & 0 miscarriages it took me 3 yrs to get pregnant with this bub. My BFF terminated her first pregnancy ( to her dh ) and took 2 yrs plus a mc before a successful pregnancy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I get older I'm beginning to really believe that sometimes things happen regardless of our well laid plans quite simply because the time is right ( even when we don't see it ourselves )

I don't mean that in a religious way just in a the world works in mysterious ways example

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

bunkx  (01-02-2014),KaraB  (01-02-2014),Mokeybear  (02-02-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    As I get older I'm beginning to really believe that sometimes things happen regardless of our well laid plans quite simply because the time is right ( even when we don't see it ourselves )

I don't mean that in a religious way just in a the world works in mysterious ways example
    Couldn't agree more there :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post

I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason and I'm not religious

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014),NewMrs  (01-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason and I'm not religious
    So am I, but that doesn't mean that the 'universe' wanted OP to have another baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No it doesn't mean that. It means whatever you want it to mean I suppose. The universe provides opportunities I believe- we make of them what we will.

I know abortion worked out well for you and that's great. But you were very sure from the outset by the sounds of things. The OP isn't. Nobody is trying to say one is right or wrong just that she seems to be leaning towards wanting her baby. And those of us that have suffered the devastation of having a termination and regretted it recognise the signs of potential regret in her and with love and concern want her to be sure before making a decision that might haunt her..
    Last edited by KaraB; 01-02-2014 at 19:20.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Phony  (01-02-2014),VicPark  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    So am I, but that doesn't mean that the 'universe' wanted OP to have another baby
    That's not what I mean at all, it's just how I look at things in my personal life is all.
    I'm very pro choice, a woman's body is hers to make decisions about. I've also previously terminated a pregnancy. I just feel for the op as she appears extremely torn about her decision when at face value in her posts she does appear more wanting to go with her heart as such

Good luck op whatever your decision xxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-02-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally agree Kara and OBB but I don't think it's appropriate to comment saying what she should or shouldn't do.

I just don't think this is like other areas of the forum, this is a very big decision as 'we' all know.