+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I'm worried about this too. I just don't know where I will fit in time to pump and even then I don't know how much I will get for your dd.
    Why did you volunteer to help then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Relevance? Poster said she maybe able to help, didn't actually say she will provide. She may know someone who can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Because I WANT to be able to help and also wanted to know where op was located to see if it would be viable...but in hindsight I am concerned that my dd2 demand feeds so often I don't know when I could pump. And yeah, I hadn't committed to anything yet so back off vicpark. My post simply said I MIGHT be able to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Because I WANT to be able to help and also wanted to know where op was located to see if it would be viable...but in hindsight I am concerned that my dd2 demand feeds so often I don't know when I could pump. And yeah, I hadn't committed to anything yet so back off vicpark. My post simply said I MIGHT be able to help.
    Sorry I just thought it would have been prudent to think of the constraints before offering to maybe help.. (Or that's what I would have done but each to their own)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your posts.
    So far I have not found anyone to donate.
    I do understand your concern Vic park.
    When it comes to a choice of donor milk from a mum who feeds her own baby her breastmilk and formula, I would always choose breastmilk. My baby was unforuntately exposed to general anaesthesia and 4 rounds of antibiotics in-utero, so breastmilk is particularly important to help heal her gut.
    I find it so hard, that it is what she needs most, but I cannot give it to her.
    I am hoping that I can find a kind Mum out there who has spare milk in her freezer or who can express once a day or or every second day in return for things for her baby.
    I will keep trying
    Thanks everyone for caring enough to post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama777 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your posts.
    So far I have not found anyone to donate.
    I do understand your concern Vic park.
    When it comes to a choice of donor milk from a mum who feeds her own baby her breastmilk and formula, I would always choose breastmilk. My baby was unforuntately exposed to general anaesthesia and 4 rounds of antibiotics in-utero, so breastmilk is particularly important to help heal her gut.
    I find it so hard, that it is what she needs most, but I cannot give it to her.
    I am hoping that I can find a kind Mum out there who has spare milk in her freezer or who can express once a day or or every second day in return for things for her baby.
    I will keep trying
    Thanks everyone for caring enough to post.
    Have you tried the milk bank link I posted earlier? Surely they can help you? Otherwise the human milk for human babies fb pages can link you with a donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Yes I have tried the human link fb page with limited success ( i.e. so far have only found 2 weeks worth of milk…which is still better than nothing, but there are many more weeks to go as she is only 12 weeks old.
    The milk banks focus on preemie babies, sick babies and new borns, so it is hard to get milk from them, especially when around 12 weeks they start to drink so much each day.
    I will keep persevering and thought that bubhub may be worth a try as many mums over the years have told me that they ended up throwing away milk as it ran out of the use by date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mama, I have some fresh milk I am pumping now that I would love to donate to you. My dd has been with daddy all day so I could make her christening cake and I am now engorged. I understand if you don't want it because I hesitated to offer earlier. My concern was committing to a particular amount and not being able to provide regularly. But if you are happy to take my milk sporadically, I would love to help you and your baby. Please pm me if you are interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have a little bit in my freezer you are welcome too? It's not much but you could get a few feeds out of it?

And like a precious poster I am happy to try and pump regularly and donate in batches, just don't want to commit to a specific time frame or amount either because it changes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I managed to pump 150ml from one breast and 120ml from the other. I probably won't get that much every time, but it's a start.

I am at Springfield Lakes.