+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good IVF Clinics in Perth for low ovarian reserve

Hi All,

I'm in desperate need for an IVF clinic in Perth that will help a 40 year old with a low ovarian reserve & elevated FSH levels. I've just been kicked out of Hollywood Fertility as I responded poorly to 2 IVF cycles. I used 300iu of Gonal F on my first cycle which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved, both didn't make it. For my second cycle I used 300iu of Menopur which resulted in 1 egg which fertilized but didn't make it to day 2.

I really feel I need to keep trying before thinking of donor eggs. Does anyone have any raving reviews on any good clinics in Perth that are not afraid to tackle difficult cases. My time is running out and I really need help fast. Thank you all in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MsSimba sorry u r having such a hard time. I know Fertility North do 2or 3dt worth giving them a call, a friend of mine used to go there, I'll have to find out who she saw I know they were very happy with with the FS. I go to Fertility South, they prefer to do 5dt though, wish u the best of luck. Hopefully some others may be able to recommend somewhere also so you can get a 2nd opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hug MsSimba - I hope you find somewhere to help.

I went to Pivet in Leederville and had a 3 day transfer of one embie. I'm glad they didn't wait longer because the only other one that fertilised didn't make it to day 5.

I don't know what their policies are regarding cases like yourself, but I saw many women who were definitely in their 40's in the waiting room whenever I had an appointment, so it might be worth giving them a call.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there mssimba! I have a ridiculously low AMH (<1). Had 2 failed cycles with Hollywood then changed to Pivet and am now 17 weeks pregnant from my first cycle there! Pivet seemed a lot more intensive with their testing, put me straight onto DHEA for egg quality, estrogen for 6 weeks to prime my uterus & used a combo of FSH and luveris (LH) for my cycle. We got 7 eggs, out of which we transferred 1 embie & now have 3 on ice. My situation is a bit different to you as I am only 31 & did respond in my first cycles, they were just unsuccessful. I found Hollywood a bit more old school with their treatments & pivet more open to trying new ideas. I'm sorry you had some failed cycles & wish you all the best for a bubba in the near future.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Vane2016  (13-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I will second arlais in that Pivet do a 3 or 5 day transfer depending on your situation. I think if you have less than 3 still going at day 3 they do a day 3 transfer & if it's more they do a day 5 transfer. As far as I know, Hollywood only do 5 day transfers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a friend who did many unsuccessful cycles with fertility north, she had low ovarian reserve. She changed to Hollywood who tried different things and were more thorough, she was pregnant on her second try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    Mssimba, did you find any luck with pivet?
    I am only 26 and been told I have premature ovarian failure with high FSH and AMH 1.8. It seems my gynae was happy to ship me off to egg donation without even investigating other options. There is a clinic in America who is using DHEA with results but I would much rather try here before heading over there! Does anybody have any suggestions for here in Perth? And congratulations to you rosey82!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask how high your FSH is OP? I am with Hollywood...FSH at 15 (28 years old) and worried they won't want to proceed with ivf...

I can't comment on other centres but I really hope you find the support you deserve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FSH has been 53 then 60, so if they don't proceed with you, there is no hope for me! Although, interestingly enough, on blood tests yesterday it had come down to 18... Didn't know it could fluctuate so much. Best of luck for you, it is stressful isn't it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know who will do it in Perth. have a search on estrogen priming protocol. A lot of Brisbane ladies who see the famous wazza are on this. Perhaps when u call the clinic, worth asking about this. Good luck. Xx