+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amandale how did your egg collection go today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at Demeter Fertility which is also at Liverpool. I think there are 3 IVF clinics in liverpool alone.

ICSI and IUI is different. With ICSI each egg if fertilised outside of the body in a petrie dish and 1 or 2 eggs are implanted and hope they stick. With IUI sperm is injected into the body and the sperm do their job (hopefully). A lot less involved from what I understand but I guess it depends really on the problem why you are needing IVF.

Goodluckwith your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillac View Post
    Hi Amandale how did your egg collection go today?
    It went surprisingly well thank you

7 eggs were collected and 5 are mature and have been injected with dfs semen all is going well so far and the nurses were fantastic !

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic news Amandale! Hope your embryos grow nicely . I hope you weren't in much pain. Drink lots of water/fluids.

I spoke to a nurse and made an appt for the end of April - it's free so I don't have anything to lose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Agirllikemel View Post
    I'm at Demeter Fertility which is also at Liverpool. I think there are 3 IVF clinics in liverpool alone.

ICSI and IUI is different. With ICSI each egg if fertilised outside of the body in a petrie dish and 1 or 2 eggs are implanted and hope they stick. With IUI sperm is injected into the body and the sperm do their job (hopefully). A lot less involved from what I understand but I guess it depends really on the problem why you are needing IVF.

Goodluckwith your journey
    I haven't heard of Demeter clinic .. Are you happy with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Lilac - They are around in Moore St. This is my first cycle of IVF (with ICSI) so it's all a bit new to us, and am not exactly sure what to expect. My doc, the nurse Jill and the embryologist all seem nice. I am currently in my 2WW (well they have given me 16 days.... so it seems forever). My doc has actually had IVF herself so she knows what we go through.

So far so good. Haven't heard a lot about them on the forum here. I work in a GP clinic not too far by and they came into work months before I went down the IVF path and at the time I thought they seemed pretty nice so throughout I'd give them a shot. With having to go recently frequently for scans and things it's nice to have the location not that far from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Agirllikemel View Post
    @ Lilac - They are around in Moore St. This is my first cycle of IVF (with ICSI) so it's all a bit new to us, and am not exactly sure what to expect. My doc, the nurse Jill and the embryologist all seem nice. I am currently in my 2WW (well they have given me 16 days.... so it seems forever). My doc has actually had IVF herself so she knows what we go through.

So far so good. Haven't heard a lot about them on the forum here. I work in a GP clinic not too far by and they came into work months before I went down the IVF path and at the time I thought they seemed pretty nice so throughout I'd give them a shot. With having to go recently frequently for scans and things it's nice to have the location not that far from home.
    Oh wow, you're in the 2ww!! That's very exciting, I hope it's a success! Will you text earlier or wait for the blood test? 16 days feels like an eternity.
    It's great having a clinic nice n close to work, makes all the difference.