+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We spent the first year of daycare constantly sick. It was crazy. About 4 gastro, 6 ear infections, colds and everything else. The second year he didn't miss 1 day due to sickness until December where he got hand foot mouth. It sucks there is nothing you can do but look forward to a better second year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes same here. My DD started daycare in feb 2013 and in that 1st year we had gastro 3 times, countless colds, bronchitis once.
    It was hell and I felt so bad when only just starting a new job and having to take so much sick leave.
    So far this year no illness yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS has been in daycare full time for over 3 months now and is yet to get sick.
    Not even one cold.

Bracing myself for next winter though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup normal. My god friends kids both started when they were 12 months and we're sick literally every time i saw them. Constant colds, runny noses, coughs, ear infections, gastro. I've caught at least 5 bad contagious bugs from them. Now they are 5 and 3 they're not so bad but my friend would always say she was home looking after sick kids more than she was at work. So it's pretty normal i think. One of the main reason's i want to avoid daycare as long as possible.

It will probably just take time to build up a resistance to the nasty bugs.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 29-01-2014 at 23:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my kids started daycare it felt like they were sick every other week with fever, runny nose, cough. Dh or I constantly had to take time off work.
    For the past few months though the kids have been ok so maybe it is their immune system building up. Dd has been in daycare for 3years and ds 1 year.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It happened to my DS every month or so. Colds, rashes, you name it. It felt like it never ended, but eventually it slowed down to getting sick every 3-4 months.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, my eldest has been well now for about 4-6 months now, which is a miracle, cause before that it was like a never ending wave of disease!
    I have been to hospital more then 10 times with croup, viral infections, asthma caused by the colds/flu.
    Had gastro here a few times last year. He even got fricken worms!

My youngest has been pretty good, he has had croup twice. A few colds, his nose is always running, he is one of those kids that reacts to constant changing temperatures.

I would like to add my eldest has been on multivitamins and immunity booster pro bio tics and everything else to try and stay well. But I am now at a stage, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I just have to keep my immunity up so I can take care of them.