Closed Thread
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrumbleBee View Post
    That is a big help thank you! I had no idea what DPO is... since it's different every month for me, that will be tricky..
    you should be able to track your ovulation whether it's at a different time every month or not. Many of us use ovulation test strips and check our daily temperature to keep track. Not sure if this is what you meant by different though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We all mostly ovulate at different times through out our cycles. Chances are if you pay attention though then you will notice a pattern. Opks (ovulation predictor kits) and checking your temperature every morning before getting up (with a digital thermometer) are the easiest ways to know when you ovulate. The more subtle ways are checking your cm (cervical mucous) and cp (cervical position) as well as cramps or spotting (different for everyone)
    Once you've pinpointed O (ovulation) then you can count your dpo :-)
    Anything after 9dpo is possible to get a bfp (big fat positive) but it's more likely from about 12dpo. The ideal thing to do though is to wait until 14dpo or until your AF (Aunt Flow aka period) is late!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

CrumbleBee  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also use a saliva test, which the first month i checked against the opks and it was also just as accurate, but much cheaper than continually buying the opks as you just re-use it for as many times as you need...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was recently told that there's another way to check if you're ovulating and also which side (if you don't get pains etc). Lay down and put your middle finger on your femoral pulse (in your groin - it's the major artery going to your legs) and then with your pointer finger go in about 1cm. Apparently you will feel a pea sized lump of a raised lymph gland on the side you're ovulating from. I haven't had a chance to test this out yet so no idea if it's an accurate test, but it came from a reliable source so I am keen to believe it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning girls
    I have been MIA lately and have about 10 pages of this forum to catch up on but AF is due today so I decided to POAS and I got a BFP!!!!!! I feel all wobbly and can't seem to do anything right this morning lol as I am so excited. All the plans for a creative reveal to DH went out the window, I couldn't wait to go in and tell him while he was still in bed!
    Early days yet though and anything could happen so not saying anything to anyone else yet. Gonna wait a few days and test again and get a dr appt to get blood test request.
    Yay :-D
    I promise to catch up on everyone's posts hopefully tonight when I get home from work

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats fi! I did the same! I rang DH while he was on the train to work! Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Babymakers88 For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiBub76 View Post
    Good morning girls
    I have been MIA lately and have about 10 pages of this forum to catch up on but AF is due today so I decided to POAS and I got a BFP!!!!!! I feel all wobbly and can't seem to do anything right this morning lol as I am so excited. All the plans for a creative reveal to DH went out the window, I couldn't wait to go in and tell him while he was still in bed!
    Early days yet though and anything could happen so not saying anything to anyone else yet. Gonna wait a few days and test again and get a dr appt to get blood test request.
    Yay :-D
    I promise to catch up on everyone's posts hopefully tonight when I get home from work

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Amazing news what a great way to start the week! Congrats 😁

Counting down the months till my journey to become a mummy begins.. November 2014 official TTC date ❤️

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMSL For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (24-03-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Omg congratulations Fi!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (24-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week