Closed Thread
Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just got the call transfer is on Sunday we are all so excited! Flying over on Saturday afternoon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wowzers, it's all happening HOF!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Just got the call transfer is on Sunday we are all so excited! Flying over on Saturday afternoon
    Yay!!! Best of luck!!!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All the best HOF! How exciting!!!
    Feeling a bit out of sorts atm...thinking of putting off TTC until end of the year. Not 100% anymore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck HOF!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    Feeling a bit out of sorts atm...thinking of putting off TTC until end of the year. Not 100% anymore.

Why is that hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky_duck View Post
    Everything okay, hun?

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything is fine, really....just been talking to some friends and they said I should 'live' a little bit more before I have kids...that might sound strange. But I have done quite a lot in the last 5 years so it'd be nice to go to Europe or something before going down the TTC road. I don't know, I think it's my new job that's made me reconsider a little bit...like I'm not quite done being selfish (can't think of a better word)...and I want to be whole hearted about my TTC journey. Which I was until literally one month ago. Things might change, I've spoken to DH and he's happy to wait and do the Europe thing (he's more keen than I am actually). And after that's done...I think we really will feel like it's ready, set, go....don't hate me please for saying all that! I just would rather wait than be hesitant IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky_duck - Don't feel selfish at all, please! I know exactly what you're feeling!!! One of the places I've always wanted to go to has been France. I've managed to travel to a lot of places, but just not Europe!

We've finally agreed that we will take our trip this September & October and head to France & Italy for 6-8 weeks.

I'm super hesitant about me being pregnant by the time we finally get to get there (no soft cheese or cured meats in France??? It isn't worth going!!!) that I'm considering if it's worth even trying right now!

I, though, feel like don't have the luxury of time up my sleeve to wait any longer (I really want a minimum of 2 kids) and if we're really unable to conceive our own, then we need to know soon to be able to place our names down on adoption lists. That said, DH has been awesome saying that if we are UTD, then we just do what some friends of ours did and go when the kid is around. 1.5-2yrs old and leave them with grandparents. Scary thought, but they seemed to manage it well with skyping their son every night. (I hope I can be as brave!).

Do what you "need" to and what you "feel" like you should. xxx

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Clucky if you're not done being selfish then I say take the time to do that. Like you said better to wait and be certain rather than rush I go something and resent your children for missed experiences down the track. Ultimately this is your life and it is all about you. Until you're 100% sure you want to share that then yes I say go for it, enjoy your trip to Europe. Who knows - you could conceive a love baby while you're there ;-)