Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find the term birth preferences a bit more appropriate ie
    Id prefer to tear rather than have an episiotomy
    Id prefer to ask for pain relief than have it offered
    Id prefer to have a natural 3rd stage
    Id prefer Fred (my husband) to cut the cord

You get the idea, in an emergency these things might not happen thats all, and having preferences seems to go a bit better with hospital staff than a plan apparently my other advice is to keep it to one a4 page. Things like what music you want can be written down seperately for your support person to refer too.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 25-02-2014 at 21:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am thinking about a bit of suffering all round and blasting some yodelling music while in labour, or maybe some Bjork. Just to share the love. No offence to any Bjork fans haha. There's only a few certain things I am really keen on having preferences for so I won't be bringing in a novel lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    it was a birth preference plan not it has to be that way. It's got bits on emergencies etc.

If u make the font small enough it can be one a4 page lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LysnDan For This Useful Post:

Craftymamabris  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved your template Lys. It was perfect. It had room for medical emergencies but also your own wishes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craftymamabris For This Useful Post:

LysnDan  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha as I said before, not one thing on that piece of paper was followed. Next baby I will stand up for my wishes a bit more I think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be trying to get my partner familiar with my wishes and why so he can be my voice. I struggle with confrontation ( even of the lightest kind lol) so it'll be good for him to be able to advocate for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH struggles with confrontation too but I will be drilling into him that was is written down is law, and he must be the voice. I think the responsibility of that will hopefully make him feel a little more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha my partner is like Jim Carey in Me, Myself and Irene if someone is rude to him or me. I remember we were at the service station one day and he held the door open for someone and they didn't say anything and he walked up to them and didn't abuse them but basically asked where their common manners were etc. It's a little funny! I'm just glad I'm in the car. Since being pregnant I'm getting better at confrontation. When my sister in law told me not to let the baby get a vitamin I injection because it can cause leukaemia I just let out a laugh and replied with "Jesus, you can't do anything these days without giving your child autism and ADHD and cancer" and that was the end of it. I had a smile on my face hahaha but I still don't have as much confrontation power as DP so I'll be glad for him to voice up for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vitamin k*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So ladies all my original testing came back completely clear. I have a clean bill of health. Tracking starts on Friday, and BT will be every second day from then

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (27-02-2014)