+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Daycare and Toilet training

Hello all! My DD is nearly 2.5 years old, and we have started toilet training. We have been at it now for three weeks, and she is getting there. She goes to daycare 3 days per week, and they have mostly been really helpful and supportive. Apart from one of the carers, Sally. This girl is very nice, but she is a bit full-on. She always seems to be rushing around, and I have heard her shouting at the children a couple of times. She is the main carer in my daughter's room. Over the weekend, I was sorting my daughter out after an accident, and she said "Sally is angry with me, Sally thinks I am a baby". I am a bit concerned about this, I understand its frustrating having to clean up wee, but I don't like to think of her getting angry with my child for it. She has said "Sally thinks I'm a baby" a couple of other times too, and it beginning to worry me. Am I just being silly? Should I say something? I would not change centres as my daughter is very settled and happy there and the other carers are all lovely. (Sorry for this being so crowded, I can't put any spaces in- the enter button won't work!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be talking to the director about your concerns as it is not appropriate for your DD's carer to be talking to her that way.

Hugs to your DD and reassure her that she is not a baby and is doing well!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's terrible for her to say to a child, I would have a word with the director for sure as its obviously upset your DD enough to say it back to you

She might just need a reminder that her frustrations can't be taken out on a 2.5 year old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    - accidental post.