+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    Didn't hurt at all.

I found internals were painful until I was 4cm, but had my waters broken at 2cm and it wasn't painful at all.

Me, he and our two boys

omg internals!! even thinking about it now makes me cross my legs! uggh! sorry never had waters broken or any of that, but want to send you some good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to codex For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my 2nd & 3rd labours at 37.5 & 38.1 weeks. All went really well. Had the gel in and then the drip and had both of them within 6/7 hours of having the drip. I did have an epidural with both though.

Very positive induction experiences for me.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to read them now.

I also wanted to know what they do when they induce you?

I'm apparently 2cm dilated as of yesterday, what would their next step be?

Edit: do you think there is more chance of having epidural etc with induction? I managed without drugs (apart from a tiny bit of gas) with my DS so I really wanted to try again for this baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Two of my besties both got induced with 2nd and 3rd kids and neither had an epi.

I think it just depends on your situation and pain threshold. Mine is very low so I'm one of an epi every time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for all the replies

I now have less than 24 hrs until I'm booked in for induction

I am seriously considerin refusing it and seeing if they will let me go another few days.

Also I have another question, if they do the gel and it's working ok, do they have to break my waters? Or can they let that happen naturally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with #2. Breaking waters was the last thing they did after my body failed to respond to 2 tapes, balloon catheter and gel. So I had 4 types of inductions before they mentioned breaking waters. I was quite sore by then from all the internals so had a suck of gas as they did it.
    By then I just wanted the baby out so would have done anything.
    A friend didn't want to be induced so just didn't turn up for her appt. ha. Went herself the next day
    Hope all goes well x
    Last edited by Mmumm; 30-01-2014 at 06:12.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've arranged an appointment this morning at 9 to see if I can skip being induced tomorrow, hope they say yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke naturally about 8 hours after they used the gel. I still needed the syntocin drip as things weren't progressing

Thanks
    Reviews

I am seriously considerin refusing it and seeing if they will let me go another few days.

Also I have another question, if they do the gel and it's working ok, do they have to break my waters? Or can they let that happen naturally?

The gel worked on me but it was happening slowly and painfully and we discussed ARM and I consented - it really did speed things up. I think it is situation dependent - my cervix was very favourable, I don't think they would do it if you weren't dilated enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an induction because I was getting preeclampsia signs. I didn't need the gels, Dr broke my waters instead. They waited two hours to see what my body would do and not much happened so they hooked me up to the drip. That was about 11:30am. Gas worked for a while.
    I had pethediene shot about 4pm.
    My contractions were hard and fast and not much break between so around 6pm I got an epidural. Relief!!
    Around 9pm I felt i wanted to push and sit on the toilet. Midwife did internal and DS was still high up. He hated me being on the toilet so back to bed. Checked me 10pm and nothing much changed. 11-ish PM dr checked me and was a bit concerned that DS hadn't progressed and his heart rate went silly if I even laid on my side. So got offered a c-sect. I decided to take up the offer. I was way too exhausted by then and just felt it was the right decision.
    DS was born via c-sect 0:09am
    I had blood loss of 1200ml and went into a bit of shock so I took a while to get back to recovery. I was in the ward about 2:30am. Later that day I had to have 2 bags of blood. I felt so much better after them to. All ok after that day.

Single mum to DS (5y.o)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I had gels and was getting 5min contx so they couldn't give be more gels or it might have overestimated my uterus. I could have just kept going naturally until it got stronger. That would have taken a long time though so I opted for arm.