+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I was induced with number 2. My body was ready, I had been going into labour and it would all fizzle out after a couple of hours, on and off for a week. Dd2 was in a slightly odd position, she was facing to the side, and her head wasn't hard against my cervix, it was like her head was tilted?

Anyway, I was 40+3 and had been going in for monitoring and extra scans very frequently for the last 3 weeks when the decision to induce was made. Low fluid, reduced movements, reducing fundal height, etc.

So on induction day I was 4 cm, and they broke my water. I was on constant fetal monitoring, which was hospital policy as well as genuine concern for her welfare. There were concerns about her position, whether she'd be distressed or get stuck. I tried to negotiate with hospital staff to not be on the monitors, but they wouldn't even consider it. I refused to lie in the bed and knelt or stood beside it instead.

I had no further interventions at all, 50 minute labour, 2 minutes pushing and she was in my arms. Safe and well.

Mine is a very positive induction story, and I know how lucky I am. I got a drug free induced birth, so don't think all inductions are terrible.
    Thanks this gives me some hope

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it hurt when they break your waters?

Bear in mind I cried when they checked if I was dilated as it hurt! So very sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post

Bear in mind I cried when they checked if I was dilated as it hurt! So very sensitive.

Without sounding negative, prepare yourself for some pain. Some people find it uncomfortable, but I found it the most painful thing ever in my whole life - however, it was fast and did make progression faster.

Best wishes, try go with it and not rush things - I wish I had of just chilled out a bit more ( in the wonderful world of hindsight).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Without sounding negative, prepare yourself for some pain. Some people find it uncomfortable, but I found it the most painful thing ever in my whole life - however, it was fast and did make progression faster.

Best wishes, try go with it and not rush things - I wish I had of just chilled out a bit more ( in the wonderful world of hindsight).
    Thanks, I wanted honest

Please pray this baby comes out on its own tonight! Or at least starts on its own. - to everyone who prays

I'm doing some pressure points this Arvo and bouncing / rolling hips on my fitball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It didn't hurt me at all but then it didn't hurt when they checked if I was dilated, which I was, 2cm.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Didn't hurt at all.

I found internals were painful until I was 4cm, but had my waters broken at 2cm and it wasn't painful at all.

Me, he and our two boys

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Most painful thing I've ever experienced with ds1. I was in labour already and supposedly I was 4cm (which I believe I was only 2-3cm.)

With dd it did hurt because she had to pull my cervix forward a bit as they was no fluid between dd's head and the membranes so she needed to stretch my cervix into a better position. It took 30min.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 41 weeks with DS. Gels at 9pm, contractions started 9:30pm. The plan was for more gels at 2am and then break waters at 7:30am. Contractions continued, and I had pethidine as I had no break between contractions. That was at about 4 am I think. I didn't need any more gels- and my water broke spontaneously at some point..... Then I kept going, rested well until about 7 I think- 5cm and things went through the roof! I was put on monitor because my oxygen levels were dropping due to hyperventilating! I decided an epidural would be best for me- seeing as I didn't think I was even at transition yet!! Well, 20-30 mins after epidural, DS was born (forceps). So next time I know transition can start from 5cm- I went from 5 to son born in 45 mins!!!! I wouldn't say being induced was a bad experience though! Good memories of it, and I'm looking for war to labour with #2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was to be induced with DD's 2 & 3. Both times I went in the afternoon before to have the gel put in and both times they said it wasn't needed as I was already 1-2cm dilated.

The next morning I had my waters broken, no need to have the drip, just breaking my waters started things. DD2 was born 3 hours after they broke my waters, DD3 only took an hour!

DD2 was 10 days past her due date and DD3 was 5 days past.

Goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Edit: do you think there is more chance of having epidural etc with induction? I managed without drugs (apart from a tiny bit of gas) with my DS so I really wanted to try again for this baby.

Another positive induction story here I was induced by ARM then a syntocin drip for DD2. I had a 2 hour labour & only used gas at the end, with DD1 I had gas and morphine

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Podamonster For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (30-01-2014)