+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Question for migraine sufferers

Do you take a particular medication at the start of your migraine to stop it from progressing?

If so, what is the name of the medication?

If you wouldn't mind sharing a bit of info about it too - I assume such medication options would be prescription only?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I suffer migraines and take medication twice a day to prevent them. I cant think of the name right now but I can come back and post it if you like.
    I take Naramig and 2 panadiene forte and the very start of a migraine and go straight to bed. It is prescription and it took a lot of trial and error to find a drug that worked for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use Inderal (normally for high blood pressure), I take it every day and I don't get migraines anymore. I believe there are also meds to take if you feel a migraine coming on. I don't get an aura first do this is much better for me. I used to get around 2 migraines per week.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also take Inderal for migraine prevention, works like magic for me. I have stopped taking it as I'm pregnant. I was also prescribed Imigran for when I felt one coming on but took it once Nd was out of it for a good 8 hours!!

Miracle bub due 3/06/2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I'm NOT pregnant, if I feel a migraine starting up, I will take 2 dolased. You can get them over the counter at a pharmacy. They are also a calmative. If I take 2 I will become really drowsy and sleep heavily. I can only take them at night before bed. I couldn't take them if I was home alone with my DS in the day, then I take panadol rapid and wait until DP gets home and 6-8 hrs later, take the Dolased.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take 2 aspalgin (aspirin and codeine) and 2 panadol and some sort of caffeine is I can stomach it.

Couldn't have aspalgin when pregnant tho :/ last migraine I had when pregnant I had morphine and hospitalised for a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried the preventative tablets for 2 weeks and had a migraine every one of those days.
    I have either dispirin forte (500mg aspirin and 9.5mg codeine) or ibuprofen forte (ibuprofen and 12mg codeine)

I find thr more codeine the faster relief for me

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I get a migraine I vomit, can't stand any sort of smells and can't lay down. So end up sitting propped up against the wall in the toilet trying not to die ... lol. No medication in tablet form help, so the Dr gave me a script for Imigram (sp?) via nasal spray. Takes the edge off enough that I stop throwing up and can actually lay down and sleep the rest off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I usually try and take nurofen plus when one is coming on, if DH is home and I know I have no hope of heading it off I take 2 x nurofen plus and valium and I end up sleeping for 12+ hours. If I cant take the valium until a few hours after it starts cos DH isnt home (it completely knocks me out) the migraine ends up lasting for days.

I get vision disturbances, vertigo and sometimes vomiting

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app