+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    I avoided gaining weight by following the diabetes eating plan (google should have a few examples if you're interested)
    Didn't your maternity caregivers give you dietary advice, that you referred to online sources? How do you describe their support regarding your weight gain issues during your pregnancy and childbirth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrose View Post
    Do you believe that your feelings as a person were considered by your GP, OB and LC when issues of weight and weight gain were mentioned?
    Yes, my ob & LC I think did consider my feelings to a point, my ob basically apologised for marking me as high risk just because of my weight; I had no GD & my BP was perfect throughout. The GP I saw at the beginning of my pregnancy was a different story though. That particular GP I believe has a bias against women & obese women in particular. I don't believe he considered my feelings at all when he told me I would likely miscarry due to my weight. Especially considering the fact that he knew it was an IVF pregnancy & that we had already suffered one loss on our 1st cycle.
    Let me just say that my experience in general with the medical profession is that every ache & pain I get is attributed to my weight. I went to see a GP with concussion one time after an accident & he told me 'well, you are very overweight, you know'... I did know & it had nothing to do with my concussion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overall how would you describe the support you received from maternity caregivers throughout your pregnancy and childbirth?
    I received pretty good care (I was paying for one of the best private OBs in Sydney). He sent me to a lovely, holistic dietician/psychologist. However, I was so ill with morning sickness I just ate what I could, when I could & lost 18kgs throughout my pregnancy. I actually didn't mind being flagged as high risk as I felt I got better care of my precious pregnancy; could have done without the 36.6week c section though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't your maternity caregivers give you dietary advice, that you referred to online sources? How do you describe their support regarding your weight gain issues during your pregnancy and childbirth?
    Yep, I got advice from my diabetes educator and my dietician (I just used google before I saw them to start healthy eating ASAP, they helped tweek my diet but were pretty happy with it).
    They were both very helpful and supportive, both were just lovely
    The doctors were the ones concerned about my weight, and were also supportive (it was a factor in my care, I didn't feel they were trying to demean me in any way ).