+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, how did I feel...? Embarrassed, humiliated & disregarded. I had a post c section infection that was also blamed on my weight; my boss had the exact same infection & she weighs 45kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just to clarify on my patronised post, my ob was great and only mentioned it at the start, just said try not to gain weight. It was checking in at the hospital at around 12 weeks when they said because of my BMI they said I should have an appointment with the dietician. I declined and ended up 10kg lighter anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it was, I had a few comments from ultrasound techs (nothing too major, just it's harder to get a good pic with larger women). I was also told the increased risks etc. and asked not to gain weight. I didn't I was a little lighter by the end.

It was uncomfortable to hear, but I was expecting it, I got similar comments during my previous pregnancy (although I got more the second time despite weighing the same amount).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angry.

My OB for my last pregnancy assumed that my weight would lead to complications - not 'you're at higher risk' but 'you will have this.' He was shocked when I didn't develop GD or any other problems. I'm not talking about a show of surprise, he double checked my results muttering 'I don't understand.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Hey Bubbles, it was during the visit a few days after the CS and we were commenting about how good the Anecetist (sp) was and it was kinda a back handed complement well not really for me " yes I thought I had heaps of time for a coffee when I saw you on the table but it happened really quick as bigger girls take a lot longer".... Ooookaaaaay lol
    It's still disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miracle bub due 3/06/2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor told me to not put on any weight I don't understand how I can possibly do this with another little person growing inside me! I thought I wasn't meant to diet? Makes me sad, will be interesting to see if they say anything at 12 week scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar experience to most of you, told by Dr not to put on much weight and at full term was 4kg lighter than when I was weighed at 10 weeks (I don't use scales at home). Did shared care with a gp and obstetric gp, the normal gp seemed to assume was going to have all the issues but had nothing except that 7 days overdue my blood pressure was borderline concerning and I went on to be induced the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    My doctor told me to not put on any weight I don't understand how I can possibly do this with another little person growing inside me! I thought I wasn't meant to diet? Makes me sad, will be interesting to see if they say anything at 12 week scan
    This is exactly the freak out I had last time. I didn't think it was possible but somehow I didn't gain anything. I wasn't even particularly strict, which makes me think if I had been better I could have dropped some. Trying to be better this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    I avoided gaining weight by following the diabetes eating plan (google should have a few examples if you're interested)