Closed Thread
Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    Kayzb my clinic said that for the first round you are only allowed to put back one (Medicare rules) but if the first doesn't work you can possibly put back 2 in subsequent rounds in consultation with fs. As our first attempt didn't implant I'm definitely planning to ask to put 2 back next time. We are definitely open to twins, but as you said I figure we have a higher chance of at least one implanting, and possibly also a higher chance of the embryo implanting while fresh than from frozen.

It's kind of a financial thing too - essentially 2 cycles for the price of one!

The other thing is in our first round we only got 2 eggs. They both fertilised but at our transfer they said the second one wasn't suitable for freezing. I would have much preferred they had transferred both knowing that there was practically no chance of the second implanting rather than it just being disposed of.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ohh I wasn't aware of that Medicare rule @phee83!
    I have heard though that a FET doesn't decrease the quality/chance of an embryo compared to a fresh transfer - but like you, transferring 2 fresh ones would def financially be more 'cost effective' for us.
    The again, I'm sure 'cost-effective' may fly out the window if it does eventuate in twins! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - 14 is fantastic !!! So will they be doing ICSI on your eggs???

I have only ever gotten at best 6 mature eggs...3 blastocysts.My first round of IVF in June 2008, I had only 3 eggs! I was devastated!2 made it to blasts, and one became my DD.

With this last fresh round in Dec, I only got 4 mature eggs, 3 eggs fertilised, 2 became blastocysts, and I'm 4w5w today...with maybe twins.

Sooooo fingers crossed you get great quality ones, at least a couple that with give you that BFP! I hope they grow!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

reed14  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bel2466 - good luck tomorrow. And that your FET can go ahead!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have a question. So it turns out my original bloods were read to me wrong and my hcg very early was 30ish. My bloods last Tuesday (4 weeks) were 104 and today (5 weeks) they are 577. My nurse said this is normal but on the low side. I'm not extremely worried. I have more bloods planned for Friday but does anyone have any advice? The ranges online are ridiculous. Did anyone else get a low range like this and go on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB, that's great news for you EPU,that's a lot of embies. hoping that you'll get good numbers that are fertilised. crossing my fingers for you. Have a good rest too.

@babygirl7, maybe a bit of break will good to recuperate, good things are definitely instore for you. Hoping for the best for your next cycle.

@Precious40, hello to you, hope you will have good results too.

@frenchy81, wow that's really some great news from you, with a possibility of twins. Congrats again.

-- sending baby dust to all

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reed14 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (19-02-2014),frenchy81  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - I have always done 2 embryo transfers after a few failed cycles of only 1 embryo transfers.

Back then, I wanted two because it is more cost effective, as well as it "doubling" my chances. I got preggers with DS in 2011 from a double embryo transfer....so in my head, it DID double my chances because one didn't work anyway.

I am nervous now that twins might be a possibility with my current pregnancy, but I still wouldn't have changed decision knowing what I know now. Plus, it's only a possibility right now, so at the moment I'm happy that there is at least one definite sac there now.

I guess in the end, I just didn't want to pay so much money for another round just in case it failed. Back in 2008, it was sooo much cheaper...,,and if you do get a BFP and decide to go with a private ob, that's at least another 5000 that you'll need.

I think someone asked a question about when your FS releases you to your ob, once you have your first scan to confirm the baby's heartbeat (week 6/7) they send you off to your ob or if you decide to go public, the public hospital.

PS - got my HCG back from yesterday's test at 4w4d = 1720, so doubling time is 34.45 as my first test at 4w1d = 358, progesterone = 212
    Last edited by frenchy81; 18-02-2014 at 18:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiweeny - go to beta database and work out your doubling times! Just google it, sorry I'm on my phone....it's the first hit.

If it doubles every 48hrs, it's fine.

Don't read to much into the actual numbers, the doubling times are the most important thing.

Ps - how did they tell you the wrong HCG numbers?!?! Argh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 thank you! And yep will be doing ICSI (which we've had to do for previous cycle too).
    Unfortunately despite having a good number of eggs in the previous cycle too (13), none even made it to blasts.
    So you have done awesomely well despite having had minimal eggs

I can imagine the thought of twins would be daunting (which is also huge factor for me, sorta freaks me out!). But I know it would be a blessing nonetheless. Your HCG levels are going so well! So happy for you hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @reed14 thanks heaps! I'm praying that outta the lot there will hopefully be some that make it to fertilisation. But unfortunately DH's infertility plays a huge factor into whether that actually happens Hope the call tomorrow brings some good news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB congrats on great numbers.. Keeping fingers crossed you get some wonderful quality embies out of them. @Frenchy so excited for you! Wonderful that things seem to be on track and the possibility of twins! Awesome.
    AFM did a HPT this am and it was negative no doubt whatsoever. BT on Thursday not looking v good ..