Closed Thread
Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news @KayzB fingers crossed everything goes according to plan, can I ask how many ET have you had previously?
    I'm starting next week my inj again and my what if thoughts are creeping in

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS

1st IVF Jan 2014: antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Antagonist cycle???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @AAA! xx I know everyone always says 'you only need 1 etc' - which is true, but even just getting that 1 seems to be such a challenge! We had no frosties from the last cycle, so here's hoping this time around there will be
    @miissalina thank you! xx And this is my 2nd fresh cycle hun. And am still as anxious & nervous as I was with the previous one! Prob even more so. Which injections will you be on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB I'll be on gonal f and orgalutran again but changed to a new clinic so hopefully will be monitored better this time and not have the same mistakes as last time , I thought it mite be easier but doesn't look that way

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS

1st IVF Jan 2014: antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Antagonist cycle???

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina ahh those are what I was on too.
    Sorry to hear you had issues at your previous clinic! That's very crappy. Hope the new one will be more on the ball & a much better experience for you! I don't think it'll ever be easy; will always take a toll on you in various ways - but a positive end result will be more than worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's excellent news kayzb! Come on eggies, fertilise!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    That's excellent news kayzb! Come on eggies, fertilise!

Many thanks hun! xx Any number higher than our previous (4) would be something, but of course as many as possible would be ideal! I've got everything crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for all:

What has been the deciding factor/s for you ladies regarding how many embryo's to transfer?

E.g. has it been what your FS/clinic has advised? Have those who have transferred 2 done so to increase their chances of at least 1 implanting (and was this because previous 1-embryo transfers had failed?) Have you chosen to transfer only 1 as you wanted to avoid any risk/complications that a multiple pregnancy may have? Etc etc.

Any insights/thoughts/opinions would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi KayzB, my FS says she only puts back one embie at a time. Being out first cycle we just followed her lead. If we have a number of failed cycles I might push to explore putting a double back. I'm open to the idea of twins and don't have any medical history to suggest my body wouldn't cope with it. Xx

AFM, I have my follow up ultrasound to check my endometrial fluid has resolved tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it has so we can start planning a FET!
    Last edited by bel2466; 18-02-2014 at 17:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Hi KayzB, my FS says she only puts back one embie at a time. Being out first cycle we just followed her lead. If we have a number of failed cycles I might push to explore putting a double back. I'm open to the idea of twins and don't have any medical history to suggest my body wouldn't cope with it. Xx

AFM, I have my follow up ultrasound to check my endometrial fluid has resolved tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it has so we can start planning a FET!
    Thanks for the info @bel2466
    My FS is the same; given our health, age etc recommends that only 1 be transferred. But at the end of the day says it's our call. I guess I just want to have the best chance as possible. Then again, with the last cycle we only had 1 suitable for transfer (and even that was just a morula) so I'm prob jumping the gun anyway!

Hope your scan tomorrow goes well hun. Hopefully it has all cleared up so you can start ASAP! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayzb my clinic said that for the first round you are only allowed to put back one (Medicare rules) but if the first doesn't work you can possibly put back 2 in subsequent rounds in consultation with fs. As our first attempt didn't implant I'm definitely planning to ask to put 2 back next time. We are definitely open to twins, but as you said I figure we have a higher chance of at least one implanting, and possibly also a higher chance of the embryo implanting while fresh than from frozen.

It's kind of a financial thing too - essentially 2 cycles for the price of one!

The other thing is in our first round we only got 2 eggs. They both fertilised but at our transfer they said the second one wasn't suitable for freezing. I would have much preferred they had transferred both knowing that there was practically no chance of the second implanting rather than it just being disposed of.