+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stuck in Limbo

Hi ladies

I wasn't sure where I should post this but settled on here so sorry if it's the wrong place.

I am 7w2d pregnant according to LMP. Last Wednesday I had a tiny bit of spotting but it was tiny so I disregarded it, especially after a few days of not anything else. Then we went away for the long weekend. Sunday night after a BM I had some bright red blood, only in the tissue and again it was the tiniest amount. I was super paranoid after that and kept checking all that evening and the next day.

Yesterday we had a 5 hour car trip and I thought the dull ache in my back was because of being in the car but now I think maybe it was cramps. When we got home I went to the toilet and there was blood - significantly more than last time but not yet heavy bleeding. I went to the hospital as I was convinced I was having a miscarriage and wanted them to tell me one way or the other. They did a scan and it's measuring 5w4d with gestation sac and yolk sac looking perfectly healthy but no fetal activity. My immediate thoughts were that it's stopped developing a week ago and I am miscarrying especially as the dates don't really make sense but the ultrasound tech kept saying it doesn't look like it's failing just that it's too early. So of course this got hubby's hopes up. But today I am bleeding a bit heavier and am more convinced.

I won't know how things a going until my follow up beta on Friday. This is killing me- the not knowing. Last time we had a mmc and it was devastating. Not sure if we should bother being hopeful or not. I feel like there are too many signs pointing to a miscarriage for me to ignore 😥

Hubby thinks I am just scared to hope because of last time. He may be right but I feel I am being realistic - does anyone see what he sees here?

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry your going through this. I had a MC in Nov and it's awful.
    Have you had your hcg levels checked? That will tell you if your having a MC or not.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a blood test last night and was told to do the second test on Friday. So I guess we'll know by Friday afternoon. It just feels so far away - I think not knowing almost worse than knowing.

Sorry for your loss. It is awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riri View Post
    I had a blood test last night and was told to do the second test on Friday. So I guess we'll know by Friday afternoon. It just feels so far away - I think not knowing almost worse than knowing.

Absolutely.
    By the sound of your description I'd say it sounds like a MC. Depending on how sure you are with your dates?
    But then again i have no idea.
    I hope you get some good news. Keep us updated.
    Good luck xx

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews

However Friday is a long time to wait for repeat hcg. It should rise or drop every 48 hours, and most GP/OBs request a repeat blood test every 48 hours.
    So really you can just go for another tomorrow night.
    It will show up if it's rising or falling and then you will know.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lexim

I am fairly sure about the dates - I know anything is possible but 5+4 would mean I got a Bfp at 2dpo. Pretty sure that didn't happen.

I thought Friday was a really long time too. He was just the ER doc. I am seeing my own doc tomorrow and will see what she says.

I am fairly accepting that it's a mc but if someone wants to throw a miracle my way I'll take it!

2 in a row seems like some bad luck 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Riri, that sucks they're making you wait so long for repeat bloods. I have everything crossed for you. Hugs, it's such a tough time not knowing what's going on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Hi Riri, that sucks they're making you wait so long for repeat bloods. I have everything crossed for you. Hugs, it's such a tough time not knowing what's going on...
    Thanks for the hugs. I saw my usual doc this morning and she sent me for bloods straight away and she said she'll call by 7.30pm tonight (in WA) so just under 2 hours to wait now. She did say it's not looking good though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the hugs. I saw my usual doc this morning and she sent me for bloods straight away and she said she'll call by 7.30pm tonight (in WA) so just under 2 hours to wait now. She did say it's not looking good though.
    I'm sorry to hear that. At least you'll know tonight.
    With my MC I was stuck in limbo for three weeks. I had a hcg level that wouldn't go down and a missing fetus.
    Turns out it was at the start of my Fallopian tube and miscarried into my abdomen

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing that is horrible!
    Yes at least we will know which way it's going. At least once we know we can move on emotionally.