+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    My DH notices the same thing at our school. It wasn't like that at DS's first school. DS's current school is small but very cliquie. Even so, it is obvious that some of the men are excluded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Start up a little "house husbands" club?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think it's cool for teachers or carers to not speak to the fathers that collect children, as a child care worker I spoke to all parents equally

But..as a sahm who does school drop off/pick ups..tbh I prefer to talk to women, if a male comes into the conversation I feel awkward..I just don't feel comfortable chatting to other guys now. When DF and I socialize we do so in mixed company and I find it a bit eaiser. No idea why!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it the other way around, I find the daycare staff are not super friendly to me but DH does all drop offs and pick ups now and they talk to him and tell him everything.. He likes the place more than me and can see why!

Me + DH + DS (2) + Bub #2 due July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Does he attempt conversation with the mothers?

It may not be the fact he's male, but maybe they just aren't keen to initiate conversations with people they know, or maybe they're just jerks. It's not necessarily the fact he is a man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Thats a real shame, we have a few dads who do drop off and pick up at my sons school and I love chatting to them, having all boys and being a tomboy myself means I generally have more to talk about with men, I love chatting about cricket, football, car racing etc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Does he attempt conversation with the mothers?

It may not be the fact he's male, but maybe they just aren't keen to initiate conversations with people they know, or maybe they're just jerks. It's not necessarily the fact he is a man.
    Yes he has tried and they just ignore him and walk away.
    Even if it's not the other mums what about the teacher ignoring the only male there and being attentive to all the females? He waited to speak to her but she just never let him get near her to speak to her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's so sad, my DH I'd also a stay at home parent and we have been very fortunate that he has been embraced by the school mums. He formed some lovely friendships when DD was in kinder and he was always included in play dates, mummy morning teas etc..... He often catches up with the 'girls' for a coffee and he always organises cool activities during the school holidays - he has great 'street cred' with the kids. As hard as it is maybe your DH just has to throw himself out there, approach mums, arrange play dates etc...