+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sick of it!

So my son started yr 1 today same school where he was in prep now my DH is a stay at home dad and does drop off and pick up.
    For a yr now he has seen the same mums everyday... None will speak to him will occasionally say hi to our son but nothing to him. Today yet again NOONE not even the teacher spoke to him! She ignored him and spoke to all the other mothers.

People wonder y there is such a great divide between the sexes and things like this are y. Even when he has tried talking to them they ignore him or walk away. It's so ride and "exclusive" women only club.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I noticed this at Kindy morning tea today. Dh came along for most of the morning and no one not even the teacher would talk to us but as soon as dh left I had a few mums come and chat to me.
    Its such a shame as we are all parents, I find it frustrating.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    I noticed this at Kindy morning tea today. Dh came along for most of the morning and no one not even the teacher would talk to us but as soon as dh left I had a few mums come and chat to me.
    Its such a shame as we are all parents, I find it frustrating.

The exact same thing happens with me! If I'm there quite a few mums talk to me.. And most of them often wonder y more dads aren't involved..... I know y

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've found this too! Last year my DDs teacher would actually wait for me to do pickup (only once a fortnight) to tell me things rather than DH. I called her up on it and she acted shocked and tried telling me that it wasn't intentional... But I don't see why she had to wait for me to be there to tell me DD needed an artfolio or needed a new hat etc.

Frustrating

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's a sh1tty situation how rude :-(

Dp has never experienced this at our school and I've always talked to the dads just like I would the mums.
    I guess we are lucky we have a nice small close school were everyone knows everyone and we all pretty much get along

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh got upset the other day saying the carers in ds's new room ignored him completely and did not talk top John when he picked ds up. He came to conclusion that they might be not looking after our ds well and we should change daycare. I said they are very friendly to me and talk to me every time when I drop or pick him up. He talked top another daddy friends and realized it was not just him. Yeah, it is frustrating situation

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Are you sure it's because he is male? Schools usually have their cliques. I think a lot of parents are excluded, ignored and even face bullying from a lot of the b!tchy mum groups.

There are plenty of dads that do pick up and drop off at our school. They seem to be just as accepted as the mums.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-01-2014),haveheart  (28-01-2014),SassyMummy  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    But the dads shouldnt be ignored by the childs carers/teachers at daycare or school

Thanks
    Reviews
    No dads I see get spoken to and if I'm there by myself or with DH I get spoken to and they don't even acknowledge his existence... Also a teacher being just as rude and not acknowledging him being there and speaki only to the mums .... Pretty sure it's because he is male.

Also my son did one term at a diff school and a lot of dads did pick up and drop offs and they were all included as there was no choice... This school only has a handful of dads that do it and ALL of the get ignored where as NONE of the mothers do
    Last edited by grooviechic35; 28-01-2014 at 17:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's sad. It has more to do with bad people though - than bad genders surely? My dad was a stay at home dad in the 70s, and was great friends with the mothers and got on well with the teachers.