+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just coming back to say that I am so glad I rode it out!

My hair is great now! I even know what I was doing wrong, I was washing it with bicarb but I wasn't conditioning it at all, as soon as I used apple cider vinegar, my hair is completely different! I've had no dandruff at all and it's no where near as frizzy as it was.

I don't think I will ever use shop bought shampoo and conditioner again.

Oh, and I ended up cutting my hair, I chopped about 15 cms off the ends, as I couldn't stand the feeling of dry ends and oily roots. I'm regretting this a bit now, as it wasn't necessary, I just needed to use the apple cider vinegar. But at the time, I considered shaving it off! That's how much I hated it at the time.

I'm now looking into making my own soap so that I can eliminate all the chemicals that touch my body.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (12-02-2014),siennasyummymummyxxx  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so pleased to hair (just joking - hear). It's just a matter of trial and error. I don't need the ACV but I'll use raw honey or jojoba oil occasionally.
    Mum makes her own soap so we all use that as well as her own moisturizer (which is 3 ingredients believe it or not)
    We make our own washing powder and I have started making my own colloidal silver which we use in the shower, toilet and kitchen as bacteria, fungus and virus killer.
    It feels so good having fewer chemicals around the house and on our skin .

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been shop free shampoo and conditioner , soaps, cleaning products etc for a year now, just switched over the washing powder in Oct/ Nov, and were loving it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shabbychook For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bought some Dr Bronners liquid Castile soap to make some body wash and shampoo that will be gentle enough for DD. I hate putting chemicals onto her skin and the bicarb soda shampoo would sting eyes and homemade soap stings as well.
    I will report back in here if anyone's interested in my results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol mines out of lack of time that I've fallen into a non pooper. I get 5 mins for a shower if I'm lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm keen to be a non-pooer. At the moment I wash my hair once a week and it's fine. My problem is that I'm a vet so I'm always getting bits of animal and poo in my hair. Will the acv alternative get my hair clean and not smelly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm keen to be a non-pooer. At the moment I wash my hair once a week and it's fine. My problem is that I'm a vet so I'm always getting bits of animal and poo in my hair. Will the acv alternative get my hair clean and not smelly?
    Using the BS and ACV will clean your hair well. There will be no lather like shampoo but if you massage your hair in the shower the same way you would using conventional shampoo then you'll have clean hair. The smell disappears once your hair dries with the vinegar but if you can still smell it you can add essential oils. But I'm sure ACV is more more pleasant smelling than animal poo in your hair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Using the BS and ACV will clean your hair well. There will be no lather like shampoo but if you massage your hair in the shower the same way you would using conventional shampoo then you'll have clean hair. The smell disappears once your hair dries with the vinegar but if you can still smell it you can add essential oils. But I'm sure ACV is more more pleasant smelling than animal poo in your hair
    The smell doesn't worry me, it's more DH. Can I ask what BS is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    The smell doesn't worry me, it's more DH. Can I ask what BS is?
    Oh ok. Well it should be ok once it's dried. I used white vinegar diluted on my hair last night and you wouldn't even tell.

BS = bicarb soda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm interested to try this now. I have been washing my hair with "Organic Care" poo twice a week for several years now (used to be every day!) but lately it has been looking kak and greasy and it's tied back every day so I thought I might as well give the no-poo a go.

BUT... I've now read this:

http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/138...oyed-hair.html

....and would like to ask any no-pooers out there: what do you use to wash your hair and what ratio? I've read 1/2 & 1/2 water & BS in another blog, but the article linked above says that even 1/20 (twenty not two) is still too harsh.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (06-01-2015)